Roll Call: Celebrity Eclipse November 27, 2010

green2u

Hi All, a gay couple and I out of ATL just booked this Caribbean cruise. I recently did the transatlantic cruise on its twin sister Equinox (April 19-May 3, 2010) and this ship is a floating W Hotel--Gorgeous! I also met a lot of FOD in advance of that cruise thanks to this forum; we had our daily 7PM cocktail hours at the Martini Bar. It was a blast! I hope to do this again with you, fellow cruisers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hoorah - someone else! I started another rollcall thread for this cruise when we booked it but it's slipped down the list somewhere (with only my post on it!). I'll ask if the two can be combined.

We're Thom and Greg, 28 and 34 from South Wales, UK. We're heading out on the Equinox on the Med this week so the Eclipse in November will be something to look forward to when we get back :D

Looking forward to meeting you and supping those martinis... we're trying the beverage package out for size this time round...!

Tx

I SWEAR I looked before starting a new thread! :confused: Enjoy your Mediterranean trip on the Equinox. Say hello to fave bartenders Togi (sp?) from Turkey in the Martini Bar, and Hector (from Argentina) and Adrian (from Russia)in the Art Gallery Bar. Adrian and Hector are now my Facebook friends! Also, say hello to Amelia the greeter in the Silhouette Dining Room. All great folks with a wicked send of humor!

CHARLES

Hoorah - someone else! I started another rollcall thread for this cruise when we booked it but it's slipped down the list somewhere (with only my post on it!). I'll ask if the two can be combined.

We're Thom and Greg, 28 and 34 from South Wales, UK. We're heading out on the Equinox on the Med this week so the Eclipse in November will be something to look forward to when we get back :D

Looking forward to meeting you and supping those martinis... we're trying the beverage package out for size this time round...!

Tx

Hey Charles!

I am sure your picture was a different person last night! Thanks for the tip offs; is the art gallery bar the one where they do the molecular cocktails (or something like that?)

Any other recommendations? Any hot tips on the menus? We're trying out the specialty restaurants too so I'm hoping to come back well fed, well-sunned and well pleased!

Chat soon

Tx

Hey Guys, I hope you enjoyed your trip on the Equinox. I got Facebook notes from Adrian and Hector; both are still on vacation and weren't on your cruise :mad:

I personally didn't eat @ any of the specialty restaurants though some of my friends were in Aqua Class and dined regularly at Blu (and loved it). Overall I found the food in the main dining room fine and the servers very attentive.

CHARLES

Hey Charles!

I am sure your picture was a different person last night! Thanks for the tip offs; is the art gallery bar the one where they do the molecular cocktails (or something like that?)

Any other recommendations? Any hot tips on the menus? We're trying out the specialty restaurants too so I'm hoping to come back well fed, well-sunned and well pleased!

Chat soon

Tx

• 2 months later...

Hey Thom and Greg:

My friends who ORGANIZED the trip pulled out! Since I was going solo, it didn't make sense for me to do it. Not to worry: a good friend's partner pooped out on him for an Oct 23 Caribbean cruise so I get to take the partner's place for free! It's a Carnival instead of classy Celebrity cruise, but hey it's free! Enjoy your trip! Charles

Archived