Behide the Fun on the Pride

DBBJR87

It was AWESOME!! We thought it was well worth it on the Dream.

But....no pictures at all except the ones they give you as part of the tour. They collect cameras and cell phones before your leave (if you did not leave them in the cabin - as instructed) and they give them back at the end of the tour.

If you have any interest in the operation of a ship, then yes the tour is worthwhile. We did this tour on Conquest, and being able to go to the engine control room and the bridge made the tour for us - but then, both DH and I love ships (I grew up spending Armed Forces Day each year at the Philadelphia Navy Yard with my dad exploring ships, and DH grew up exploring ore freighters on the Great Lakes) and our son is studying to be a ship's engineer. Aside from the bridge and engine, the backstage area, crew mess, and galley make for a truly amazing tour.

While you can't take pictures, they do have a ship's photographer taking group pictures and individual pictures with the captain.

We did this tour on the Pride and just loved it. Then My DH and his BF went on the Dream while we ladies went shopping. Great tour if you are interested in what it takes to make your cruise experience so wonderful.

I remember not so long ago going on tours of different areas - including the bridge etc (pre 9/11) and they were all free. It was awesome back then and now that they have a designated tour that you pay $95 I am sure it is well worth it.

We did it on the Pride last summer and don't regret it whatsoever, the best $95 I have spent on a ship. But, I really like ships inside and out. Gotta have interest in the ship, no just go for the bridge part. But the bridge is really really cool. We will do it on the Freedom this July.

Do they have a behind the fun tour on the Inspiration? If yes, how do you book it? Thanks

You book it at the excursion desk on board...I hear you should do it as soon as you board as there are only so many spots availible. Im not sure which ships offer it.

Archived