Need Vancouver Hotel near the airport with TRUE 24 hr shuttle!

gymbomominNC

We will be docking in Vancouver at 7:30 am and our flight out is the next morning @ 7am :eek:! So, we will need to leave for airport around 4am and will need a shuttle at that time.

I read about the Fairmont @ the airport but it's a little out of our price range! Anyone successful getting a good price through priceline or any discount codes?

Otherwise, any recommendations? Would we be able to leave our luggage @ the hotel while we exlore until check-in?

I don't think airport is near downtown. Is there public transportation into downtown? Any other thoughts or advice is appreciated!

Accent Inns is what you need - http://www.accentinns.com/vancouver-airport

I believe that the airport shuttle is 24 hours but call to make sure. You can drop your luggage there and then take a shuttle back to the airport to catch the Canada Line, a commuter train/subway that takes you from the airport to downtown very quickly for $3.75

Thanks! My FIL had actually mentioned this hotel as possibly a good choice for us. What would be the easiest/cheapest way to get from the dock to the hotel?

Thanks! My FIL had actually mentioned this hotel as possibly a good choice for us. What would be the easiest/cheapest way to get from the dock to the hotel?

The cheapest way would be to take the Canada Line to the airport and then call the hotel shuttle - $3.75 each. The easiest would be taxi, at about $30.

Accent Inns is what you need - http://www.accentinns.com/vancouver-airport

I believe that the airport shuttle is 24 hours but call to make sure. You can drop your luggage there and then take a shuttle back to the airport to catch the Canada Line, a commuter train/subway that takes you from the airport to downtown very quickly for $3.75

If you are planning on traveling around that day a day pass at $9 is a good deal. If you are departing from the airport there is a $5 surcharge added on to the single use ticket, not so with the day pass. If departing from the airport the day pass can be purchased downstairs from the domestic baggage claim at 7-11 or pharmasave.

We also have an early flight so I went on Priceline, choose the airport hotels and pick how many stars "price" you want to pay. I did the name your own price and ended up with the Sheraton Airport hotel. They have a 24 hour shuttle and are about 5 minutes from the airport. We're doing a tour after the cruise where they pick you and your luggage up and after the tour, about 3 or 4 hours, they drop you off at either your hotel or the airport. Made more sense to me then trying to deal with the luggage getting to the hotel and then trying to deal with the public transportation and sightseeing on our own.

If you are planning on traveling around that day a day pass at $9 is a good deal. If you are departing from the airport there is a $5 surcharge added on to the single use ticket, not so with the day pass. If departing from the airport the day pass can be purchased downstairs from the domestic baggage claim at 7-11 or pharmasave.

I didn't know about the $5 surcharge, having only taken it TO the airport so far. Thanks!

We're doing a tour after the cruise where they pick you and your luggage up and after the tour, about 3 or 4 hours, they drop you off at either your hotel or the airport. Made more sense to me then trying to deal with the luggage getting to the hotel and then trying to deal with the public transportation and sightseeing on our own.

Who are you booking with for the tour? We're thinking that might be the way to go.

We also have an early flight so I went on Priceline, choose the airport hotels and pick how many stars "price" you want to pay. I did the name your own price and ended up with the Sheraton Airport hotel. They have a 24 hour shuttle and are about 5 minutes from the airport. We're doing a tour after the cruise where they pick you and your luggage up and after the tour, about 3 or 4 hours, they drop you off at either your hotel or the airport. Made more sense to me then trying to deal with the luggage getting to the hotel and then trying to deal with the public transportation and sightseeing on our own.

Can I ask how much you ended up paying for the room? I have never used Priceline for hotels, only car rentals.

LindaKe: The Royal Caribbean offers the tour and it's almost the same price as the independent tours. I'm sure the other cruiselines also offer a post cruise tour.

The independent tour is through BCPassport and their number is: 800-913-9207. Make sure your flight does not leave before 5:PM for this tour. They both go to all the popular places in Vancouver but I think the ship tour also goes to the suspension bridge. There are probably other independent tours as well.

gymbomominNC: I bid 80.00 for the room but after taxes and insurance it was 105.00. I've used Priceline many times and have never been disappointed.

Who are you booking with for the tour? We're thinking that might be the way to go.

Our cruise ended in Vancouver. We booked a tour through Landsea Tours. they pick you (and your luggage) up at the Fairmont across the street from where your ship docks. We did the Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain. After the tour, they dropped everyone off at their respective hotels.

We stayed at the Sheraton Airport. I can highly recommend it. The restaurant was good, the rooms large and newly refinished and the beds HEAVENLY! And, they have 24 hr. airport shuttle.

We'll be in the same situation. How does this hotel compare to the Delta Suites? I've seen recommendations for them.

The Delta Suites is downtown Vancouver and there is the Delta in Richmond very close the airport. Which of these are you staying at?

The Delta Suites is downtown Vancouver and there is the Delta in Richmond very close the airport. Which of these are you staying at?

We don't have reserations yet since our cruise is 2011. The Delta I've seen recommended is the one at Vancouver Airport, so I guess that would be Richmond.

What we want is a hotel that is close to the airport with a 24 hour shuttle. We want a restaurant in or adjacent to the hotel so we won't have to go out again to eat supper, but it doesn't have to be fancy. I figure we'll be tired and ready to crash early since we'll have to get up really early for a red eye flight the next morning.

We don't have reserations yet since our cruise is 2011. The Delta I've seen recommended is the one at Vancouver Airport, so I guess that would be Richmond.

What we want is a hotel that is close to the airport with a 24 hour shuttle. We want a restaurant in or adjacent to the hotel so we won't have to go out again to eat supper, but it doesn't have to be fancy. I figure we'll be tired and ready to crash early since we'll have to get up really early for a red eye flight the next morning.

If the shuttle is not available, a cab will should be less than $10 from the Delta at the Airport. The hotel has a pretty good restaurant and an Elephant & Castle Pub attached that over looks a marina....I am sure that you will do just fine there.

The Accent Inns are a locally owned chain and the owners are excellent operators. The rooms are large and clean but it is a motor inn (motel) of frame construction. I would rate them higher than 2* but not quite 3*...personally I would have no problem staying at one and indeed have. The Delta is also an excellent hotel in a mid-rise concrete structure. The rooms are very nice and I would put it at 3* and maybe approaching 3.5*.

Archived