Adventure Ocean for a 3 Year Old

LisaT91403

Has anyone taken their 3-year-old to Adventure Ocean? We are booked on Oasis for 6/18/11, when my son will be 3 years and 2 months. I know the AO group is 3-5 year olds...just wondering how the little guys do in the same group with much older kids (an almost 6 year old is much different from a barely 3 year old!) Was your 3 year old interested in attending AO?

Thanks.

My son was 3 years and 4 months when we last cruised with him. He went to Adventure Ocean a few times (not every day - we let him decide when he wanted to go) and he really enjoyed it. He wanted to go more often than we thought he would. They are very good at keeping the kids busy and involving everyone in activities. The almost 2 year age gap between kids didn't seem to be an issue.

We took our 3 year old and he definitely spent time in AO. He liked it, but didn't want to spend as much time as his older brother. He did have a good time though...I would give it a try and see how your little one enjoys it.

Our DD (now 14YO:eek:) loved AO when she was small -- her first time in the program was days after she turned 3YO. She has always been very shy and quiet, but had no problem with the program. Her daycare at the time was for 2-5YO (the 4 and 5YO had a formal pre-school half days) so she was used to playing with kids of various ages.

We've traveled with my BIL and his family. Our niece (who is now 6YO) also did AO when she had just turned 3YO and our biggest problem was getting her out of there -- she has always been very outgoing but she was not a day care kid, but is very adapatable (her mom is a flight attendant, her dad is a pilot - and she has to deal with some really amazingly varied schedules).

Much depends upon your kid's personality and how much he/she enjoys being with other kids.

Archived