RC makes good

We were on Serenade of the Sea and had room 7564, which turn out to have a noise (sounding like a motor) that went off all day and night. I complained after 1 night and they tried to move us to a different room that we thought would be worse. So we stayed and put up with the motor. When we got home I sent a certified letter to RC and I received a call back right away. John Balboa was very nice and after I again explained he said he would sent something in the mail for all our troubles. Well, yesterday I received a gift certificate for $ off our next cruise. I honestly thought my letter would go unnoticed, but I guess RC does stand behind their service. So...HAT'S OFF TO RC!!!!

We were on Serenade of the Sea and had room 7564, which turn out to have a noise (sounding like a motor) that went off all day and night. I complained after 1 night and they tried to move us to a different room that we thought would be worse. So we stayed and put up with the motor. When we got home I sent a certified letter to RC and I received a call back right away. John Balboa was very nice and after I again explained he said he would sent something in the mail for all our troubles. Well, yesterday I received a gift certificate for $ off our next cruise. I honestly thought my letter would go unnoticed, but I guess RC does stand behind their service. So...HAT'S OFF TO RC!!!!

Glad to hear that your letter was heard and you did get something in return for your troubles. I agree that if I had to write a letter regarding a complaint of mine, I would not think that it would get answered either.

How much was the compensation? I think you can tell us without violating any Ts&Cs of the offer. Right?

they sent us certificates for $120.00 each towards our next cruise. When I looked at the date it had to be used by it was May 2011. I called again and explained that I have 2 cruises bood, both on Cel;ebrity on Oct and May. They pushed the dates out to 2012.

How many rooms near yours do you think could hear that noise?

We're staying in 7598 on the hump in September and sure would hate to have trouble sleeping because of this noise.

There was someone who must have been above us and they heard it also. RC said they never heard of someone complaining about it, which I know has to be a lie.

Archived