Leaving luggage for return voyage

kelly3399

We are crossing from NY to Southampton and then retuning 2 weeks later. Is there a way to leave 1 of our suitcases (with our formal wear) on board, or is there someplace in Southampton where this can be done? We don't really want to deal with more luggage than necessary while in England. Thanks. Kelly

Yes you can leave your luggage, we did this two years ago when we did the same thing.

The luggage is not actually left on the ship, but at the port.

A few days before you disembark they'll be a notice about it in the Daily Programme. You sign up for it with the pursers office and pay for it on ship. I think it cost us around $100 for the two weeks when we did it, not sure what the cost is now.

You have to claim your luggage in the hall, go through customs, then go out to the office to present your bag and the paperwork.

When you return the bag will be waiting for you in your stateroom! It was great.

Be sure to find out where to deposit the luggage on the way out, it will be on the other side of customs, I know that, but not sure in the new terminal where they want you to go.

We are planning on stashing our one suitcase as well because we will be touring Ireland for 2 weeks wont need formal wear out in the country side. Thanks for this info...it was more than helpful.

Hello

Although it is very convenient to leave your luggage at the pier, it is far cheaper to use a local storage facility called LOK-N-STORE. They have a location in Southampton which your cab driver can take you to to drop off your things. We used them last september between crossings. Check it out on the internet. Good luck.

Deck Chair.

Hello

Although it is very convenient to leave your luggage at the pier, it is far cheaper to use a local storage facility called LOK-N-STORE. They have a location in Southampton which your cab driver can take you to to drop off your things. We used them last september between crossings. Check it out on the internet. Good luck.

Deck Chair.

There are quite a few threads on this board about this subject, that led us to Lok 'n Store.. We have used them three times, and they are excellent. You make all arrangements for a 12 or 16 cubic foot locker by email, or by phone, and signing the paperwork and stashing your bags takes just minutes. We've left four bags for almost a month for the weekly price of one bag on the pier. You pay a four week minimum (on your credit card), that is refunded when you return in two weeks, as we did last year.

The very nice office ladies said that they get a lot of people from CC.

Also, the cars from smithsforairports have never charged us extra to drop and pick up our stuff.

Cheers, :cool:

I always leave my bags with the Port Agent. Cost is about £50 initial charge per bag, plus £5 per week. I prefer to find it/them back in my cabin without having to stop at a storage facility that may or may not be open on the day that I sail.:cool:

I always leave my bags with the Port Agent. Cost is about £50 initial charge per bag, plus £5 per week. I prefer to find it/them back in my cabin without having to stop at a storage facility that may or may not be open on the day that I sail.:cool:

M-L, It is a matter of choice. They are always open, and you schedule your pickup from home. And all your bags are less than 50 pounds for a month.

See you aboard on Tuesday. Leaving home in minutes...will be on board at noon Monday.

Archived