Port of Tampa port to airport

zookepr0

We have sailed out of Tampa a couple of years ago it was an afternoon flight. Our airline just bumped us up to a 10:30 am flight if we carry off luggage will we have plenty of time to make the airport and who would you use for transportation to airport? Thanks for the info.

We were just on a cruise to/from Tampa....2 weeks ago.

I was surprised to find that the car rental companies drop off and pick up FOR FREE at the port, even if you are not renting a car.

When we arrived back at the port from Cozumel we took the National Car Rental shuittle from the port to the airport. Normally, he stops at the car rental lot firts on the way to the airport, but on this day he just bypassed that and took us directly to the airport.

We have sailed out of Tampa a couple of years ago it was an afternoon flight. Our airline just bumped us up to a 10:30 am flight if we carry off luggage will we have plenty of time to make the airport and who would you use for transportation to airport? Thanks for the info.

10:30 might be cutting it a little close, when we did the Legend we were at the airport at 9:30 and we were one of the first off the ship. Might not be enough time to clear security. Good luck:)

We are sailiing the Legend in Oct and had the choice of either a 10:46AM or a 2:15 PM return flight back to Indy. The morning flight was very tempting but we decided not to do it just-in-case. We will take the 2:15 flt and just get to the airport and enjoy a leisurely lunch and just relax.

If you can make that 10:30 flt more power to you. I just couldn't bring myself to book it.

Have a great vacation. Cari :)

Tampa airport is very user friendly, well designed medium sized airport.

When I was flying for business, I usually arrived 45 minutes before the flight and made it with no problems. I always did on-line check in at home, but if you can't do that then check in kiosks are available with luggage check in as long as you don't have some complicated international itinerary.

Just make sure to get off the ship ASAP, usually about 8am. Whatever mode of transportation you chose, you should have plenty of time. Taxi is $25 flat fee. Shuttles are offered at the concierge desk in the terminal but I don't know the cost or as the earlier poster suggested, grab a free car rental shuttle that's going back to the airport, (I'm just not sure if they would do that all the time or the poster got lucky), but it doesn't hurt to ask.

The ride is only about 20 minutes or so.

A couple of years ago when we cruised on the Miracle out of Tampa, we were delayed getting back into port and they actually offloaded us away from the Terminal, bussed us to the Terminal, where we had to go get our bags, go through customs, then catch shuttles/taxis, etc to the airport. We also have the choice of a 10:45 flight or a 1:30 flight. I figure I will pay for the 1:30 and if we get lucky, we will get to the airport and maybe we'll go standby on the 10:45 flight if possible.

A couple of years ago when we cruised on the Miracle out of Tampa, we were delayed getting back into port and they actually offloaded us away from the Terminal, bussed us to the Terminal, where we had to go get our bags, go through customs, then catch shuttles/taxis, etc to the airport. We also have the choice of a 10:45 flight or a 1:30 flight. I figure I will pay for the 1:30 and if we get lucky, we will get to the airport and maybe we'll go standby on the 10:45 flight if possible.

Looking at your signature the Miracle incident happened 5 years ago. It was a one time deal. Yet you're here telling everybody they should sit around the airport "just in case"?

Looking at your signature the Miracle incident happened 5 years ago. It was a one time deal. Yet you're here telling everybody they should sit around the airport "just in case"?

I'm sorry if I offended you by my post. I just wanted to let the OP know what can and did go wrong, not just once, but I believe several times. I thought that was what this board was supposed to do. Please excuse me if I am wrong on that account.

Archived