Which Retreat Cabana for a WB TA

Madbullogna

Okay, yet another 'positional' question for me...heh.

Looking at splurging for a retreat cabana on our westbound TA next year on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We will be in an aft port cabin already, (thanks to some insight from folks here prompting me to change). I think it will be well worth it for the times we don't want to be on our verandah and want to see have a different view point, especially for the 7-day crossing.

Soooo, would there be a 'prime' cabana to try and snag for our journey? I was thinking one of the ones on port or starboard would be better while cruising. I would imagine the ones overlooking the lido pool would have strong winds blowing through them?

Anyone that has taken one for a stroll, I'd love to know your opinions based on your specific cabana, pros & cons that you found.

(Finger crossed we don't plop down ~600 bucks and find ourselves making the cross during a hurricane/rains with the decks closed the entire time :( )

Soooo, would there be a 'prime' cabana to try and snag for our journey?
Other than the two corner family cabanas, I believe you don't get to choose one in advance of embarkation day.

Other than the two corner family cabanas, I believe you don't get to choose one in advance of embarkation day.

I was told when I rented mine that you could suggest a preference, but that they are assigned on the ship..and could not be guaranteed a specific cabana..Other than the two family corner ones..

But you bring up a good point with the cabanas being so high it will be windy I would think..

Blarg, that's a bummer. (Course, I was also thinking of putting down a little bit more and snagging a family retreat since my brother may or may not be coming with us, but am hesitant to. If he does not, than we just took a cabana with 4 loungers despite only having two people in there. Seems wrong to me. :confused:

We viewed the retreat cabana area on the Eurodam (same as the Nieuw Amsterdam), but didn't rent one. The area is not nearly as big as it looks in the virtual tour on the HAL website. Your sea view will be limited to what you can see from the back of your cabana. The view from the front of your cabana will be the loungers you see in that virtual tour.

We did a spring eastbound a couple years ago and most days it was cool out. Of course that's from an Arizona point of view.

Archived