PV, Mazatlan, Cabo - what's not to miss?

EmmaPeel

We are going to the Mexican Riviera on the Pride in April, we aren't planning on doing any excursions just wander around on our own. I have not been to any of these cities and I am wondering if there are there any not to miss places in each location (historic bldgs, shops, etc.)? Thanks!

Hubby and I did the Mexican Riviera in Feb 2002. We didn't book any shore excursions either and ended up hooking up with locals that took us around to the interesting areas. It was fun to do it that way, because (in PV for instance) not only did we get to see the major tourist attractions, we also went to his house, met his mother, picked his girlfriend up from school! It was very cool! And, made for some very interesting video viewing when we returned home to show friends and family.

My advice would be to just bop around and meet people. You'll be sure to find someone who is more than willing to give you a great tour of not only the points of interest, but you may even get an inside view of what it is really like to live there!

By the way...we didn't get off the ship in Cabo. We were only there until 12 noon, and by the time we woke up, got dressed, had breakfast, etc., it would have only given us a short time experience it. PV and Mazatlan were AWESOME ports though! Would travel to either place and stay there for an entire week!

Archived