Cost of shore excursions.

terrierjohn

Can anyone answer the following questions regarding shore excursions on Med. cruises.

1) If I book these via the website will I be charged immediately in GBP via my credit card?

2) Can these be booked on board ship?

3) If so what currency is charged?

4) Is this added to your final account?

Assuming the answers are Yes, Yes, USD and Yes, then my supplementary question to some of you very nice and accomodating US cruisers, is, what USD prices are currently being listed on the US Celebrity site for the following excursions that I might want to book on my upcoming Eclipse cruise.

1) Port Cadiz, excursion # CD14 Seville Transfer, current UK price GBP 43.50.

2) Port Cadiz, excursion # CD43 Legendary Seville w/o lunch, current UK price GBP 61.25.

3) Port Cagliari, excursion # CI30 Cagliari sightseeing, current UK price GBP 38.75.

4) Port Venice, excursion # VE52 Secret Venice walking tour, current UK price GBP 49.00.

5) Port Palermo, excursion # PX16 Flavours of Palermo, current UK price GBP 37.50.

I have a further extra supplementary question, which relates to comments from another thread where posters have indicated that if shore excursions are booked by phone to the Captain's Club, then these are not charged in advance but are added to your final account. Does anyone know whether Brits can do this and if so are they charged in dollars at the US price?

Archived