Price comparisons for Cayman beaches

Biffer1997

Hi all!

Would like a little help filling in the blanks to my Cayman beach price list. Want to get an idea of how to get the best "bang for my buck" next week.

Interested in Royal Palms, Seagrape, and Marriott.

I understand that Marriott is $10 per person day pass which includes chair rental, and access to the facilities including a pool, correct? Anything else? How much is taxi fare and is it hard to get a taxi to return to the port area?

Seagrape is further from Royal Palms on the beach, correct, so taxi fare would be more expensive I assume. I think I read $5 per person to Seagrape-is Royal about the same? How much does it cost to rent a chair at these two facilities and what is "included"?

Thanks!

Beach is free. You can bring a towel and not pay a thing.

Sea Grape is a bit further up than Royal Palm. There is a charge for chair rental ($10 I think there is a picture of a sign with prices on this board somewhere), food, drinks, water toys, etc. You can use the rest rooms and outdoor shower for no charge. Taxis are $4-5 pp each way and there is a cab stand with taxis waiting for you to return. We had to wait for the taxi to fill for our return back, so it took a few minutes longer than when we were ready to leave. Umbrellas are also additional. I don't believe anything was included other than sun, ocean, sand and warm weather.

The Marriott by Courtyard had a beach right next to Sea Grape and they charged the same way as Sea Grape did. I didn't know of a day pass, but the property was across the street and did have a pool. Not sure you would actually go across the street to use the property/pool/etc. when everything you need is right on the beach.

The Courtyard by Marriott has closed, as has its beach operations.

The Marriott Beach Resort is an entirely different location.

Day passes at hotels are entirely hit-or-miss. Availability and even price seem to vary according to whom you talk to.

The Courtyard by Marriott has closed, as has its beach operations.

The Marriott Beach Resort is an entirely different location.

Day passes at hotels are entirely hit-or-miss. Availability and even price seem to vary according to whom you talk to.

Ok, good to know. Thank you. Is Sea Grape still open?

Archived