Jan 15th mediteranean cruise from Venice

bcpcept

We are taking the cruise on Jan 15, 2011 We will fly into Venice one day early. We need advice on good hotels at good price and if they have shuttles from airport and to airport. How about tours ? Who to contact?

We are taking the cruise on Jan 15, 2011 We will fly into Venice one day early. We need advice on good hotels at good price and if they have shuttles from airport and to airport. How about tours ? Who to contact?

Hello Bcpcept,

We are booked a little bit earlier than you on January 4th on the MSC Magnifica.

We booked the Courtyard Marriott hotel by the Venice Airport. It is convenient, especially because I am arriving on a later flight, and I wil be with a 3 year-old child. The initial price posted is usually way too much for that hotel. However, I called the 800 # and they quoted me a special rate for American Express card-holders. It is a non-refundable rate of 110 euro per night, including all taxes, but no breakfast. They offer a free shuttle from the airport to all their guests. Across the street from the hotel, you can take bus #5 to Piazzala Roma for 2 Euro for each adult. From there, the port offers free shuttle bnuses to the ship on the days of embarkation. I hope this helps.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that there is a section for the Jan 4, 2011 departure that has some information that could be useful. Look under the MSC Roll Call section and look for that date. THere are about 3-4 posters already listing some information and details.

I'm going to be arriving in venice the day before my cruise in October. I considered staying at the Courtyard marriott too but it was a bit expensive with the single supplement. Instead I'm staying In mestre at NH Laguna Palace. the hotel provides a shuttle service in to venice or to the airport (at extra cost). For me it was either near Marco Polo airport or Mestre, so I could get from airport to hotel and hotel to port by land taxi as I'm going to be on my own with a fair bit of luggage (3 week cruise), so could not face the vaporetto/airport water bus and uup and over bridges that would be involved if I stayed in the lagoon part of Venice. i don't intend doing any sightseeing this trip as I spent 3 days in Venice last summer.

However If i wanted to and had the time, it is a very short bus/train hop from Mestre to Piazzale Roma. From there I could pick up a vaporetto down the Grand canal - great way to see a bit of venice (if you are not laden with luggage that is!), or could just stroll on through the back streets past the Rialto Bridge and down to Piazza san Marco.

Archived