Last minute deals - questions

My gf and I want to book a 7-night cruise to Bermuda in September. We came across a crazy price for a inside guarantee room on Norwegian Dawn. Based on the room category, it looks like it's located on Deck 4, front of the ship. The ship will dock in Bermuda for 3 days.

Here are the questions:

I believe Deck 4 is where the gangways are. It's an inside guarantee on the 4th floor near the front of the ship. Is this near a high traffic area? Is it near the exit? If it is, bc the ship will be docked for 3 days straight, will it then be extra noisy?

Is there a chance they will upgrade my room to a better category inside room (perhaps on a different deck)?

What is the chance that they will have a last minute promotion since it's off-season? I saw a last minute deal for June sailings, unfortunately, we couldn't take days off from work.

Thank you

We have not found those areas are very noisy, are you sure the gangways are on 4, and not on 3? If the cabin is a GTY don't be surprised if you get moved up a level or 2, we have in the past. We did an OCT cruise and got an excellent price on an ocean view cabin. The OV (obstructed view) cabins are good on the dawn, pretty close to the action too.

I've never been on Norwegian Dawn so I checked the deckplans...

Based on the deck plan I assume the gangway is on deck 4 because it is the lowest level

Another question, when you found the excellent price on the oceanview, how far in advance did you find this price? Was it last minute as well?

Thanks again

We were on deck 4 of the Dawn last May. Not one bit of noise or disturbances from people going on and off the ship. They had two gangways set up at times and our room was right in between both. It made it very convenient when we were in Bermuda. I would not hesitate to stay on deck 4 again. We had oceanview (which was a porthole) and the only thing we had to do was remember to close the curtain at night, since we were facing the entrance to the customs building.

Archived