Panama cruise no longer offered?

reyesj226

So I read a wonderful review in which caught my interest to go to Panama.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182583

I am trying to look into is, but I don’t think it’s no longer offered!

Does anyone know of another Carnival ship that goes to Panama?

I tried using the “Find a Cruise” feature, but I cannot narrow it down to search for Panama cruises.

Check out the Freedom from Ft. Lauderdale. I don't think the Miracle is doing them anymore.

We did this cruise on the Liberty a few years ago - wonderful cruise! Costa Rica and Panama are wonderful places and the four sea days also gave us plenty of time to relax. We also had a stop in Cozumel.

So I read a wonderful review in which caught my interest to go to Panama.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182583

I am trying to look into is, but I don’t think it’s no longer offered!

I tried using the “Find a Cruise” feature, but I cannot narrow it down to search for Panama cruises.

It's too HOT, Panama is located VERY close to the equator, and the mosquito population is 9,888,999 per cubic yard in the summer months.

The cruise lines will resume sailings in the fall.......

PS. It's a marvelous cruise experience, try to make it once if at all possible~~!!~~

It's too HOT, Panama is located VERY close to the equator, and the mosquito population is 9,888,999 per cubic yard in the summer months.

The cruise lines will resume sailings in the fall.......

PS. It's a marvelous cruise experience, try to make it once if at all possible~~!!~~

Hey..you dont have to tell me..I lived there for 5 years!

We had an amazing time on the Elation. I was very glad that it worked out I could go. But it is correct, Carnival only does full transits when they are moving ships. The Carnival Pride did the canal in 2009. I guess you should just keep checking.

Tom in Long Beach

SOMETHING is going on. The cruise web site which is always right VTG...does not show any cruises to the Panama Canal after Dec. 2010. I know some are scheduled. BUT we were booked on the Miracle cruise to the Canal and before they changed it to the new Aruba route...VTG would not pull up the old Panama Canal trip. We had to cancell the Miracle trip and take an earlier Dream trip due to surprise new grandchild at the end of Sept. BUT..IT IS THE SAME THING...VTG WILL PUT NOT THE PANAMA CANAL ROUTE IN FOR THE FREEDOM...THERE WILL BE A SHIP CHANGE OR SOMETHING.

DARE I DREAM THAT THE MAGIC WILL GO ON THAT ROUTE? OR THE DREAM AND THE MAGIC GO TO PORT CANANVERAL? OR THE LIBERTY GO BACK? OR THE GLORY? OR EVEN THE VALOR? THEY ALL DO THE EXACT SAME W. CARR. ROUTE NOW..

SOMETHING is going on. The cruise web site which is always right VTG...does not show any cruises to the Panama Canal after Dec. 2010. I know some are scheduled. BUT we were booked on the Miracle cruise to the Canal and before they changed it to the new Aruba route...VTG would not pull up the old Panama Canal trip. We had to cancell the Miracle trip and take an earlier Dream trip due to surprise new grandchild at the end of Sept. BUT..IT IS THE SAME THING...VTG WILL PUT NOT THE PANAMA CANAL ROUTE IN FOR THE FREEDOM...THERE WILL BE A SHIP CHANGE OR SOMETHING.

DARE I DREAM THAT THE MAGIC WILL GO ON THAT ROUTE? OR THE DREAM AND THE MAGIC GO TO PORT CANANVERAL? OR THE LIBERTY GO BACK? OR THE GLORY? OR EVEN THE VALOR? THEY ALL DO THE EXACT SAME W. CARR. ROUTE NOW..:(

We did the Panama Canal cruise twice on the Freedom. The Jan. cruise was great. It was frigid in the States..and not hot in Panama. When we sailed away..we stood on our balcony and the wind was blowing..rain was in the air..papers were flying on the ground and a few people watched the ship sail away...it came close to being cool. Wonderful Trip. Then we went in June. Great People. Great tours. It was an inferno. We got off of a ferry from the canal..and saw a big iguana lizard and we were so hot and wanted to get to the bus so badly...we stepped right over it. I hear they don't bite. We missed Costa Rica due to illness of passenger..Next time loved it. We would like to go back to visit Costa Rica again..to do the Coffee Tour or the Banana Plantation. It was stunningly beautiful..the people industrious....it was really a nice country. You will have the time of your life...watch out for lizards!!!!

DARE I DREAM THAT THE MAGIC WILL GO ON THAT ROUTE? OR THE DREAM AND THE MAGIC GO TO PORT CANANVERAL? OR THE LIBERTY GO BACK? OR THE GLORY? OR EVEN THE VALOR? THEY ALL DO THE EXACT SAME W. CARR. ROUTE NOW..:(

The Freedom does Cozumel, Limon, and Panama in 2010, 2011, and 2012.

Here are the dates the Freedom will be doing this cruise.

2010 Dates:

Jul 3 Jul 31 Aug 28 Sep 25 Oct 23 Nov 20 Dec 18

2011 Dates:

Jan 15 Feb 12 Mar 12 Apr 9 May 7 Jun 4 Jul 2

Jul 30 Aug 27 Sep 24 Oct 22 Nov 19

2012 Dates:

Jan 14 Feb 11 Mar 10 Apr 7

Hey..you dont have to tell me..I lived there for 5 years!

I was a little luckier than than, as I was only stationed there for 6 months.. During the summer months....UGH~~!!~~ Did you ever get use to the summers????

It rained.... torrential down pours daily ( I guess that is what is needed to keep the RAIN forest green)and Gatun & Madden/Alajuela Lakes full. And the humidity, geeeez it had to be close 98%. I think the only time I was dry was when I was taking a shower....:)

My last cruise was in Sept., and it was still HOT...HOT...HOT....Of course at less than 10ơN, I assume it is more the rainy season and higher humidity that limits cruise ships to the winter months, as I am sure there is not a lot of swing in the temperatures that close to the equator.

we are booked on the freedom may 7th. for this cruise...you have to look under carribean cruises on the carnival website not panama.....im a little worried about the heat..but my kids are going when college is out.

The original train ride which goes to the canal is airconditioned.It goes through the old USA base. The guide tells the history..and we saw a SLOTH. The vegetation is different..lots of blooming trees and the guide was good to talk about that too. Then It goes to the MiraFlores Lock.there is an Airconditioned Visiter's Center or you can go outside and watch ships in the Canal. They also show an airconditioned movie about the building of the Panama Canal. This tour is a little pricey..but it is comfortable. And it is fantastic. Your children will remember it forever.

The Bus Ride to the Pacific Side..then the Ferry down the Canal. I would not do that in May. The Ferry, is as hot as our in early June, will be an inferno. But If we ever go back in Winter again..That Ferry boat trip is the one I want to take.

In Costa Rica..the Tour everyone raved about was the Bus.Boat.Train tour. We will take that one too if we ever go back. Costa Rica is so lovely. Be prepared.

Archived