Documentation worry

radioguy54

We are sailing for the first time on Monday out of Tampa..Had to have my wifes dl address changed, from our previous address, went to DMV, got it changed and instead of getting the hard plastic card, they gave me a temporary license, but its on paper...It has all info and picture id...I was frantic and called Carnival, they were very nice and the rep said it would be okay, any thoughts or concerns?:o

We are sailing for the first time on Monday out of Tampa..Had to have my wifes dl address changed, from our previous address, went to DMV, got it changed and instead of getting the hard plastic card, they gave me a temporary license, but its on paper...It has all info and picture id...I was frantic and called Carnival, they were very nice and the rep said it would be okay, any thoughts or concerns?:o

Youll be fine :)...Ive never had them look at/question my address changes. My DL is different from whats on file with CCL.

Didn't realize until the last cruise that son's Passport listed him as a female...No one ever noticed, coming or going in or out of the country...Traveld that wasy for 3 years!

So I am not too sure how carefully things are looked at..

Then again, I didn't even notice....

You'll be fine...I had the same problem a few years back and they didn't second guess it at all. I think most of the reps are used to seeing all types. I was told to bring a second form of ID just in case so I brought my work ID that has my name & pic on it but they didn't even ask for it. :) Happ Sailing!!!!

I think there might be some confusion- your concern is that you only have the temporary ID, right? Not that you still have the old ID with the wrong address?

You will be fine - if there is any other form of ID that you can bring that is helpful (i.e credit cards, debit card) the temp ID along with her Birth Certificate is fine.

We had the same issue a few years ago, although it was because wallet was stolen and all we had was a temp ID.

Have a great cruise

Archived