Horseback Riding and River Rafting

RainLily

My husband and I will be visiting Alaska in June and are now planning excursions. We will fly into Anchorage and are taking a 7-day Cosmos tour (2 nights each in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Denali). After the tour ends in Anchorage, we are renting a car and then driving down to Seward to spend a couple of days. Next, we are on the southbound Sun Princess June 13th.

We would like to go horseback riding and river rafting and are wondering where the best places would be to do these activities. For the river rafting, we would like class II or III, but just a float trip would be nice if the scenery is worth it. We have at least half a day at each place open for one of these.

After reading the posts here, I am leaning towards doing the Emerald Lake horseback riding out of Skagway but would like to hear about other options. :)

Thanks!

I've found a great place to ride in Anchorage,close to the airport but you wouldn't know your in the city at all.It's also in the toursaver book at a 2for1 price. http://www.acriticschoice.com/trekkin.htm I know they do river rafting in Hope which is between Seward and Anchorage.I haven't done that with them.We have lots of sea kayaking in Seward.If you want more info on anything I would be glad to help.~~Enjoy Alaska~~

Archived