Birthday Celebration while on Cruise

tjeanty

Hi All,

My SO and I will be sailing the Victory May 29, 2011. His birthday is June 2, and I was thinking that I could purchase a cake through Carnival's Bon Voyage and have them deliver during dinner. I also was thinking about having our room decorated on his birthday. Has anyone does this before? Any good/bad experiences? Do I have to remind the staff? How does it work? Any suggestions and tips...THX! :D

Hi All,

My SO and I will be sailing the Victory May 29, 2011. His birthday is June 2, and I was thinking that I could purchase a cake through Carnival's Bon Voyage and have them deliver during dinner. I also was thinking about having our room decorated on his birthday. Has anyone does this before? Any good/bad experiences? Do I have to remind the staff? How does it work? Any suggestions and tips...THX! :D

Its pretty easy, we have done it for anniversarys as well as when we got married and sailed our first time, back in the dark ages in 1977! Order the decorations from BV , ours has always been decorated when we arrive, you might want to see if they will wait, and you can order the cake also, via BV and you get a choice of when you want it delivered. Have a good cruise even if its a long time away lol glad ours is a little more than a month away :)

I just ordered a b'day cake from the BV Dept for someone in our party. I asked the person on the phone that the cake be delivered at dinner in the MDR for the evening of her birthday and they said fine. I would think this is something that happens quite often. I will of course speak with our waiter prior to this just to make sure all goes smoothly. As far as decorating, I would think they could do this while you were out of the room on the day of the b'day; while cleaning your room. Again, I'm sure they deal with this sort of thing all the time. Give them a call, the person on the phone was very nice, and helpful.

Happy Sails :)

Its pretty easy, we have done it for anniversarys as well as when we got married and sailed our first time, back in the dark ages in 1977! Order the decorations from BV , ours has always been decorated when we arrive, you might want to see if they will wait, and you can order the cake also, via BV and you get a choice of when you want it delivered. Have a good cruise even if its a long time away lol glad ours is a little more than a month away :)

You just had to add the long time away part in there! 352 days to be exact!!! I can't wait. Enjoy your cruise :)

I did this for my wife's birthday on our last cruise. I ordered the room decorations online and they were really good. For the cake, you can order in advance on the site you listed. You can also order onboard which is what I did. I went to my waiter (covertly!!!) the night before I wanted the cake and he took care of it. Honestly, it was the best chocolate cake we ever had. Moist, flavorful, yummy. Enough for the whole table for two nights. Of course, we also got extra desserts!! :eek:

You can also do this onboard at the Formalities shop. I haven't used that option.

Hi All,

Yes we just did it last year on the Liberty....we had forty in our group and they brought out 3 big sheet cakes that we ordered through Bon Voyage. Every year we cruise on my wife's birthday and have the room decorated and it really looks nice plus you get a few goodies with the room decorations also including 2 Carnival key chains.....no problems!

Archived