Official CC group Cruise Carnival Pride "Bermuda Bound Pirates" - September 18, 2011

Crazeecat5

Why is there not car rentals? :(

Because anyone that drives MUST have a valid Bermudian drivers license.

You can rent a moped, but you will be advised not to. BTW, they drive on the left.

I love BJ.. I can take $100 and play for hours and hours. More about the entertainment for me then winning. Although winning is an added bonus :D

I agree about the entertainment part....hubby, however, loves to win and plays that way!;)

Just bringing forward the interested list with another addition. Actually, adding a few more possibles.....

1. Crazeecat5 (me)

2. dataz722

3. cyntil8ing

4. cruisefromNY

5. golfadj

6. patrice1

7. wakewatcher

8. beachgalMa

9. ava_girl_123

10. sanshelb

11. Tiffany1203

12. TheGrumpus

13. Marinegal

14. DebNY13

15. n2knight

16. Firetrk

17. Ren4l

18. bearnuts

19. Dawn125408

20. Hurrcane201 (Barb and Bob)

21. Martinchem

22. fchoppa

23. fletchers5

24. trptplayer22

25. princessofthesea

26. manmtnmike

27. catty

Great angle, MrPete... thanks! Are there a lot of restaurants & bars at Wharf area shown in the pic or is it better to go into town for eating & drinking? I assume we'll have to cab-it to get into town?

Also, MrPete, are most of those buildings old and unused or is the area built up and they are stores and restaurants?

Great angle, MrPete... thanks! Are there a lot of restaurants & bars at Wharf area shown in the pic or is it better to go into town for eating & drinking? I assume we'll have to cab-it to get into town?

Not a lot, but they have been adding some over the years. The most popular was/is the Frog and Onion.

http://www.frogandonion.bm/home

There are others that are just as lively (at least two that I know of) tucked around the compound.

Town is Hamilton, and it's quicker to take the ferry. This pic is in the direction of Hamilton. In fact, this ship was small enough, and is heading there to dock. Our ship is already docked.

2882418280057720145zZKpCS_ph.jpg

A cab would have to take you "all the way around".

There are also small local places along the road, but we have never been that adventurous. We just see them along the way when we take the bus to the beach.

We've also always been told to go to the Swizzle Inn, but have yet to have made it. I understand there are now two.

http://www.swizzleinn.com/

Also, MrPete, are most of those buildings old and unused or is the area built up and they are stores and restaurants?
Looks like there is a small but fairly decent looking beach on the opposite side of that fort. I bet we'll be able to get some drinks there!

Not a lot, but they have been adding some over the years. The most popular was/is the Frog and Onion.

http://www.frogandonion.bm/home

There are others that are just as lively (at least two that I know of) tucked around the compound.

Town is Hamilton, and it's quicker to take the ferry. This pic is in the direction of Hamilton. In fact, this ship was small enough, and is heading there to dock. Our ship is already docked.

2882418280057720145zZKpCS_ph.jpg

A cab would have to take you "all the way around".

There are also small local places along the road, but we have never been that adventurous. We just see them along the way when we take the bus to the beach.

We've also always been told to go to the Swizzle Inn, but have yet to have made it. I understand there are now two.

http://www.swizzleinn.com/

That's great! Thanks for the info. Hard to tell but that ship looks like the old Empress of the Seas.

Most are now occupied. It used to be a ghost town, but now is a destination unto itself. Our last trip, we were surprised on how many people now come over FROM Hamiton to visit, especially when the ships are in.

The clocktower is now a series of mall like souvenier shops.

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

Looks like there is a small but fairly decent looking beach on the opposite side of that fort. I bet we'll be able to get some drinks there!

That's Snorkle Park. There's a rotunda called Hammerheads.

DSC02174.jpg

2741804110057720145cKYwPv_ph.jpg

Hey all,

Lots of great beaches and the water ferry is inexpensive and is fun.

St georges is great very interesting history and is unlike any other Carribean port, altho is really not a caribbean island.

Interesting note...the ship's CD said it's not acceptable for ladies to walk around the streets in bikinis. He said the town folk will actually scold you.

Also, the movie, The Deep, with a young a scantily clad Jacqueline Bisset, was filmed on the streets of Bermuda.

Check out the chase scene and you won't want to rent a scooter:eek:

Mike

The more we think about it, the more DH & I are looking forward to going back to Bermuda. I have been many, many times & the last time I was there was with DH & we were just married - 20 years ago! We played golf twice at the Southhampton Princess, which is now the Fairmont, and we would like to do that again. It's a really unique Par 3 that was alot of fun. I think snorkeling would be an option, too.

How about;

Bermuda-Bound Buccaneers?

How about a list of possible names for if/when the group becomes Official? Please feel free to add to the list. Here's some ideas already given.....

Pride Paradise Pirates

Pirates of Pride and Paradise

Paradise Pirates of the Pride

Bermuda Bound Pirates of the Pride

The Bermuda Pride Pirates

Bermuda bound Pride Pirates

Pirates of the Pride

Pride Bermuda Bumpers

Bermuda-Bound Buccaneers

Proud Priders

The Pride Bumpers

The Bumping Pride Pirates

The Bermuda Bound Bumpity Bump Bumpers

Bumpin it to Bermuda Pride Pirates

Someone asked me about transferring to the group booking if they already booked Early Saver with Carnival. I emailed the CC TA and here is her response:

Hi Sheryl,

If someone is already booked directly with Carnival at the ES rate, they cannot be transferred in to the group. We actually have to cancel any reservation made directly with Carnival and rebook them in to the group which creates a brand new booking number. However, anyone can book in to the group directly at the ES rate they just wouldn't get the group amenity if there is any amenity offered and the same terms and conditions would apply for that promotion. I hope this makes sense. If you have any other questions, let me know. I'm looking forward to working with you again.

Have a great day,

Below is a link to a Google map that I have placed a number of markers on of some of the places we have mentioned so far.

Also make sure you click on the icons, if available there is a link in the description.

I also approximated the ferry lines on the map to give everyone an idea.

more info can be found here - http://www.seaexpress.bm/

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103517276185828751130.0004893c7a5c59ee801e3&ll=32.32268,-64.832339&spn=0.022666,0.035233&z=15

The map is zoomed into our docking area. Zoom out to see the rest of the island

More will be added later

Below is a link to a Google map that I have placed a number of markers on of some of the places we have mentioned so far.

Also make sure you click on the icons, if available there is a link in the description.

I also approximated the ferry lines on the map to give everyone an idea.

more info can be found here - http://www.seaexpress.bm/

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103517276185828751130.0004893c7a5c59ee801e3&ll=32.32268,-64.832339&spn=0.022666,0.035233&z=15

The map is zoomed into our docking area. Zoom out to see the rest of the island

More will be added later

Wow that is so cool....Thanks for doing that. After we become Official (I hope), how would you like to be in charge of keeping all of our info on the google map so that group members can get to the info very easily? I will be looking for any help I can get and this is such a great way to keep our info readily available.

Wow that is so cool....Thanks for doing that. After we become Official (I hope), how would you like to be in charge of keeping all of our info on the google map so that group members can get to the info very easily? I will be looking for any help I can get and this is such a great way to keep our info readily available.

No problem happy to assist. when we become official we can work out what all should get added.

-Ward

Archived