Official CC group Cruise Carnival Pride "Bermuda Bound Pirates" - September 18, 2011

Crazeecat5

OK.....voting is now over for the group name. Here are the top 2 vote getters:

Bermuda Bound BuccaneersXXX

Bermuda Bound Pirates of the PrideXXXX

Please choose your favorite and put an X next to it. Voting will end by 6:00 EST Friday.

Well given the approved status I am reasonable sure I will be booking this cruise now :)

Hope to see you and Sarah aboard!

Same here, Ward! I think you'll be seeing us aboard. Just waiting on the details & the go ahead.:)

Bermuda Bound Buccaneers

Bermuda Bound Pirates of the PrideX

Bermuda Bound BuccaneersXXX

Bermuda Bound Pirates of the PrideXXXXX

Please choose your favorite and put an X next to it. Voting will end by 6:00 EST Friday.

Bermuda Bound BuccaneersXXXX

I added an x to Bermuda Bound Buccaneers

Good morning all,

Don't forget to vote today!

Hoping to get the go ahead.....maybe today!!:D

Bermuda Bound BuccaneersXXXXX

Bermuda Bound BuccaneersXXXXXX

Yea, I just read about it somewhere, never knew what is was, but hey, if Sheryl is doing all the work with this, darling you "berth" away while we have our toes in the pink sands, & drinks in hands!! LOL..:D You go girl!

Very cool! This moved along quickly.. Now I know for sure I will be buying a FCC while on the Pride in August so I can also get that OBC..Anyone know how much the FCC's are and how much OBC you get when you buy one?

I hope the first bigger deposit is due around October or so, that way we can catch our breaths after the August cruise..

I AM SO EXCITED! My Aunt has been to Bermuda and said it was one of the most beautiful places she has seen!! :D

While onboard you buy as many FCC's as you please, they cost $100 each and are good for five years. After you deposit a future cruise, but before final payment you mail the certificate to Carnival certified, some TA want them sent directly to them so they can have better control over everything. Carnival after processing the certificate will reduce your amount due by $100 and place an additional $100 OBC to your booking for a seven day cruise (varies from $50, $100 and $200 dependending on the length of the cruise), I hear they can take a while to do this. I hear two sides of the story of if you can buy the certificates before or after you deposit a cruise, so consider booking the cruise after you buy the certificate if you have doubts. Someone here may know the bottom line on that thought.

Ok everybody,

I have to go out for a while....car inspection, errands, blah, blah, blah! Hopefully , we will have some news when I get back. I will keep checking on my phone while I am out.

Now, play nice, everyone!!:eek: (he, he, he):D

Bermuda Bound BuccaneersXXXXXX

My vote is for Bermuda Bound Pirates of the Pride

I've never been a part of an official CC group so would someone explain some things to me please. I have other couples who will be traveling with us and I need to be able to give the information to them so here are my questions:

Are we assigned a certain number of cabins in each category at the CC rates?

Is there a deadline for booking to get the CC rates?

Any other info along this line would be appreciated.

n2knight, since you have cruised on the Pride before can you tell me all of her secrets.

AVA GIRL 123

You sail 2 weeks before I do let me know when you get back about buying a certificate.

Thank you

I will.. Yes, I would like to buy some for this CC cruise and get that OBC on top of whatever OBC we end up with this CC Group.. Cool, may have $200 OBC for Bernuda baby!:D

I've never been a part of an official CC group so would someone explain some things to me please. I have other couples who will be traveling with us and I need to be able to give the information to them so here are my questions:

Are we assigned a certain number of cabins in each category at the CC rates?

Is there a deadline for booking to get the CC rates?

Any other info along this line would be appreciated.

n2knight, since you have cruised on the Pride before can you tell me all of her secrets.

Well I have never been part of an official CC group either, so this is a first for both of us!

I will answer your first few questions from what I understand but I leave it to other who have been in a CC group before to correct me or agree (or both)

The TA has a block of rooms they can book at the special price, but I have never heard of them running out....

There deadlines are for deposits times, so yes in effect there is a deadline. If you dont pay your deposit by X date you are not in the "group rate" The dates for deposit times are set out far enough usually to prevent a ship filling up before a group can books its rooms.

Now about the Pride secrets.... There are so many and as time grows near I will defiantly put together some sort of information page on the pride, revealing all that I have not forgotten :D

But I will leave you with this... Beyond all the wonderful adornments, fantastic activities, great food, the staff that run the ship make every moment a memorable one! I had the pleasure of getting to know the many of the staff while on board, and they are all genuinely wonderful people!

There are some little tidbits that are worth noting and I will reveal them as promised.

You also have two other cruisers The Grumpus and trptplayer22 who sailed on the Pride almost a year ago who hopefully will be part of this group as well! I am sure between our collective remembrances we will have a lot to unveil

Well I have never been part of an official CC group either, so this is a first for both of us!

I will answer your first few questions from what I understand but I leave it to other who have been in a CC group before to correct me or agree (or both)

The TA has a block of rooms they can book at the special price, but I have never heard of them running out....

There deadlines are for deposits times, so yes in effect there is a deadline. If you dont pay your deposit by X date you are not in the "group rate" The dates for deposit times are set out far enough usually to prevent a ship filling up before a group can books its rooms.

Now about the Pride secrets.... There are so many and as time grows near I will defiantly put together some sort of information page on the pride, revealing all that I have not forgotten :D

But I will leave you with this... Beyond all the wonderful adornments, fantastic activities, great food, the staff that run the ship make every moment a memorable one! I had the pleasure of getting to know the many of the staff while on board, and they are all genuinely wonderful people!

There are some little tidbits that are worth noting and I will reveal them as promised.

You also have two other cruisers The Grumpus and trptplayer22 who sailed on the Pride almost a year ago who hopefully will be part of this group as well! I am sure between our collective remembrances we will have a lot to unveil

HEY, what am I...chopped liver?? LOL!

I have also been on the Pride twice. Love her...definitely one of my favorite ships!

Tomorrow, when our name has been decided upon, I will start an "Official" thread with our name in the title. I will also work on a banner to add to your siggy, if you wish. I will also be keeping & posting a list of booked cruisers. After that thread is started, we will no longer be using this one. So, to keep on chatting, look for the new thread......

Come on now and book!!!

i can answer the question on the cruise certificates, I think...

the certificate can be applied to any booked cruise and the OBC shows up in your booking. You can use it for anything--we used it for tips.

HTH...

P.S. If anyone would kindly tell me the benefit of going to one place and docking there? I'm not obtuse; new to cruising compared to some of you and I don't understand>???

Thanks,

Archived