Official CC group Cruise Carnival Pride "Bermuda Bound Pirates" - September 18, 2011

Crazeecat5

Hi all,

Got some hotel info today. Will try to get some more tomorrow. I will post when I have the info for all 3 of the above hotels.

Remember....I'm trying to get us the best deal. Since so many of us live within driving distance of the port, it would have to be really worth it to stay overnight and park at the hotel for the week. Just think, your vacation could start one day earlier if you decide to stay pre cruise!!:D

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post the information I got on the 3 hotels I checked out for us:

1. Admiral Fell Inn - Park & Cruise package cannot be blocked for the group. Everyone would have to book separately. The package includes room, breakfast, shuttle to and from port and parking for up to 8 days. The hotel is located in the historic Fells Port area. Cxl. policy - 24 hours before, no penalty. Price $189.00 + taxes

For just a room, if we block for the group, the discounted rate is $159 + tax for the night. No parking, transportation or breakfast.

2. Country Inn & Suites in Linthicum Heights - Park & Cruise can be blocked for the group. We would get a group rate for this but everyone would use their own credit card to hold reservation. It includes room, breakfast, parking for entire cruise and transportation to and from the port. We would need to book 8 - 10 rooms. Cxl. policy - 6 pm day of arrival. Price $150 + taxes

3. Fairfield Inn & Suites in White Marsh - Park & Cruise package for Sept., 2011 not available until October. However, it would include room, parking, breakfast and transportation to and from the port. Also they provide a trolley for shopping and restaurants in the area. The price will be somewhere between $149 - 169 + taxes.

BTW....parking at the port would cost $105 for the duration of our cruise. For not much more money, you can get breakfast and an extra day to start your vacation!

Please stop by and let me know what you think and if you would be interested in any of these hotels. If you have any other hotel ideas, let me know and I will check them too!

Hi everyone,

1. Admiral Fell Inn - Park & Cruise package cannot be blocked for the group. Everyone would have to book separately. The package includes room, breakfast, shuttle to and from port and parking for up to 8 days. The hotel is located in the historic Fells Port area. Cxl. policy - 24 hours before, no penalty. Price $189.00 + taxes

For just a room, if we block for the group, the discounted rate is $159 + tax for the night. No parking, transportation or breakfast.

2. Country Inn & Suites in Linthicum Heights - Park & Cruise can be blocked for the group. We would get a group rate for this but everyone would use their own credit card to hold reservation. It includes room, breakfast, parking for entire cruise and transportation to and from the port. We would need to book 8 - 10 rooms. Cxl. policy - 6 pm day of arrival. Price $150 + taxes

3. Fairfield Inn & Suites in White Marsh - Park & Cruise package for Sept., 2011 not available until October. However, it would include room, parking, breakfast and transportation to and from the port. Also they provide a trolley for shopping and restaurants in the area. The price will be somewhere between $149 - 169 + taxes.

BTW....parking at the port would cost $105 for the duration of our cruise. For not much more money, you can get breakfast and an extra day to start your vacation!

Please stop by and let me know what you think and if you would be interested in any of these hotels. If you have any other hotel ideas, let me know and I will check them too!

Well they all look great to me! Thanks for doing all the research.

my quick reaction to each one....

1) [Admiral fell Inn] Nice place and close to the port, near a lot of stuff to see and do the night before. - Most expensive of all of them, would want the park cruise package.

2) [County inn] Been here before and liked the hotel just fine. Small pool on premises and stores/restaurants a short driving distance away. about 15 min shuttle ride to the port.

3) [Fairfield] This hotel would be the further away than the others both in getting to/from and getting to the port. However I do see where it might be a good place for those traveling south.

So my first choice would be the Admiral, and a close second is Country Inn. The Fairfield in White Marsh would be a last on my list simply because of the location. All good choices

Thanks again for the research.

Well they all look great to me! Thanks for doing all the research.

my quick reaction to each one....

1) [Admiral fell Inn] Nice place and close to the port, near a lot of stuff to see and do the night before. - Most expensive of all of them, would want the park cruise package.

2) [County inn] Been here before and liked the hotel just fine. Small pool on premises and stores/restaurants a short driving distance away. about 15 min shuttle ride to the port.

3) [Fairfield] This hotel would be the further away than the others both in getting to/from and getting to the port. However I do see where it might be a good place for those traveling south.

So my first choice would be the Admiral, and a close second is Country Inn. The Fairfield in White Marsh would be a last on my list simply because of the location. All good choices

Thanks again for the research.

I'll be driving down or if I'm lucky having my daughter drop me off. But as I said before, if there's a get together I'll be there.

Hi Everyone,

Mickey and Burt here from Philly. I booked this cruise through my travel agent around a month ago, without knowing there was a CC group going:o. Anyway, I know we cannot join in on group functions but I'm hoping you won't mind if I ask some questions now and then. We've never been to Bermuda or sailed from Baltimore so this is all new to us. Looking foward to chatting with you over the next year. Ugh, it sucks that it's so far away:eek:.

By the way, we haven't sailed with Carnival in over 3 years, any changes I should be aware of?

Hi Everyone,

Mickey and Burt here from Philly. I booked this cruise through my travel agent around a month ago, without knowing there was a CC group going:o. Anyway, I know we cannot join in on group functions but I'm hoping you won't mind if I ask some questions now and then. We've never been to Bermuda or sailed from Baltimore so this is all new to us. Looking foward to chatting with you over the next year. Ugh, it sucks that it's so far away:eek:.

By the way, we haven't sailed with Carnival in over 3 years, any changes I should be aware of?

Hello and welcome aboard!

Please ask away and questions you may have. I have not been to Bermuda either, I am definitely looking forward to it.

I just started cruise three years ago on Carnival so I can be of much help with changes. I have read some grumblings like they reduced the amount of free booze parties on board.... Plenty of other stuff , but I don't know what the differences are since I haven't witnessed the actual changes.

In 1 year and 1 month about this time, we will be board the Pride!

Mickey and Burt, Welcome Aboard. Here's a link to our rollcall thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1219104. There are a lot of folks on this cruise on that thread that aren't a part of the CC group. Ask all the questions you like and we will try to answer them. My DH and I have never cruised Carnival and we've never been to Bermuda so we won't be much help.

Hi all,

Sorry I was MIA all day......was at an all day seminar!

Hi Mickey & Burt,

Of course, you can stop by and ask questions. I have one question for you....did you book Early Saver with your TA? If not, you can transfer your booking to our group TA, without penalty, and then get the perks and discounts we are getting, along with joining in our group activities like our own Meet & Greet, slot pull, group excursions, group hotels, etc. If this is something that interests you, why not give our CC group cruise TA a call? For prices and booking information, see the links below.

Just wanted you all to be able to see this, if you missed it. Would love to get your input about a pre cruise hotel Park & Cruise package.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Sheryl, I did call Johna for a price, but the savings was so minimal that I didn't want to switch from my current TA that I've used on about 8 cruises. If I had seen this group earlier, I would have booked with you guys instead.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Sheryl, I did call Johna for a price, but the savings was so minimal that I didn't want to switch from my current TA that I've used on about 8 cruises. If I had seen this group earlier, I would have booked with you guys instead.

Hi Mickey,

I understand.....

Come by and chat anytime though!:D

Sheryl, I'm not going to make a decision about a hotel until my friend can tell me about the Sleep Inn that has a park and cruise package. She is going on the Pride next month. The Sleep Inn park and cruise is only $89 per night.

Sheryl, I'm not going to make a decision about a hotel until my friend can tell me about the Sleep Inn that has a park and cruise package. She is going on the Pride next month. The Sleep Inn park and cruise is only $89 per night.

Hey Sheila,

Would love to check out the the Sleep Inn. Where is it located?

Hey Sheila,

Thanks for the info. When I called them, they wouldn't give me any info over the phone. Said they are hooked up with an online site that I could get the info from and would have to book through. That site wasn't showing prices yet for our date. Guess we would just have to wait for your friend to tell you more.

I also checked the Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at the Stadiums. It's a fairly new hotel located about 2 miles from the port. They won't have prices for our date for about 6 weeks but the prices they showed on that other site for this Sept. were comparable to the Sleep Inn prices that you mentioned. Now that's a great deal......

Actually we may want to NIX the Holiday Inn idea....just read on East Coast departures board that it's not in a great area. Wouldn't want to leave my car there, I don think!!!

Hey Sheila,

Would love to check out the the Sleep Inn. Where is it located?

The Sleep Inn is in the same general neighborhood as the County Inn, just a few miles away.

Me I will stay almost anywhere, got some real good hotel stories!

Thanks for doing all this research! I am sure we will find a great place to stay!

The Sleep Inn is in the same general neighborhood as the County Inn, just a few miles away.

Me I will stay almost anywhere, got some real good hotel stories!

Thanks for doing all this research! I am sure we will find a great place to stay!

Hey Ward,

I know the old saying, "....you can't please everyone all of the time!" but I sure am trying!! LOL

To be honest, I would prefer to stay somewhere that is reasonably priced and worth it as compared to just driving in that morning and parking at the pier. Since many of the group lives within driving distance, they may not want to pay a high price for a hotel when they can park at the port for $105 for the week. The Sleep Inn price sounds great if....the place is OK and they still offer the same package for next year. I'm not happy about not being able to speak with someone. Think I will bother them again on the phone if Sheila's friend comes back with a favorable report! Luckily, we still have plenty of time to get this settled.

Good morning all,

Looking for a great cruise for next year? Why not check us out? We are the Bermuda Bound Pirates of the Pride and we would love to have you join us!

Carnival Pride to Bermuda

September 18, 2011

sailing from Baltimore

7 day itinerary

For prices and booking information, see the links below.

Hey Ward,

I know the old saying, "....you can't please everyone all of the time!" but I sure am trying!! LOL

To be honest, I would prefer to stay somewhere that is reasonably priced and worth it as compared to just driving in that morning and parking at the pier. Since many of the group lives within driving distance, they may not want to pay a high price for a hotel when they can park at the port for $105 for the week. The Sleep Inn price sounds great if....the place is OK and they still offer the same package for next year. I'm not happy about not being able to speak with someone. Think I will bother them again on the phone if Sheila's friend comes back with a favorable report! Luckily, we still have plenty of time to get this settled.

Oh I know that feeling well....

Almost any hotel is fine with me, I start drawing the line at places that offer hourly rates. However I don't mind paying a few bucks more for some additional amenities.

I am still toying with the idea of parking in the cruise lot this time. I just need to make the logistics work... I like having my truck there when I step off the boat, but I don't know if I want to pay $100+ for that privilege, and I don't know if I want to drive up the day of embark or the night before.

Glad we have tons of time to still make a decision

Hey Ward,

If the pre cruise hotel with Park & Cruise doesn't pan out, we don't mind driving the 4 hours in the morning. We would leave at the crack of dawn.....that's OK though, since we will be so excited we will be ready to go anyway!!

Otherwise, we might still go the day before like we did last year. It did work out well.......

Hey Ward,

If the pre cruise hotel with Park & Cruise doesn't pan out, we don't mind driving the 4 hours in the morning. We would leave at the crack of dawn.....that's OK though, since we will be so excited we will be ready to go anyway!!

Otherwise, we might still go the day before like we did last year. It did work out well.......

With 4 hours drive I would definitely get a hotel...that's just me.

I have 1.5 hour drive at most, so its harder to gauge. Guess I am being wishy-washy today

With 4 hours drive I would definitely get a hotel...that's just me.

I have 1.5 hour drive at most, so its harder to gauge. Guess I am being wishy-washy today

We drive to Florida all the time. We love looong drives! Plus, I don't fly so 4 hours is nothing for us. It's actually a very nice ride from our area in Pa. to Baltimore.:D

We drive to Florida all the time. We love looong drives! Plus, I don't fly so 4 hours is nothing for us. It's actually a very nice ride from our area in Pa. to Baltimore.:D

I love the long drive too! When I have to do work in our MA, NY, OH, or CT office I will drive.

But with the cruise, I have this fear of mechanical breakdown, or traffic jams, or any other such disaster that might make me late for the ship.... So I tend to want to get close to the ship the night before. JIC...

Been in a few close calls when traveling being held up from this and that and even missed a plane or two. So I tend to plan ahead a bit.

My cruise in Nov I will be taking the Autotrain down and driving back from FL. I have never done the Autotrain, so it was an opportunity to give it a try.

I love the long drive too! When I have to do work in our MA, NY, OH, or CT office I will drive.

But with the cruise, I have this fear of mechanical breakdown, or traffic jams, or any other such disaster that might make me late for the ship.... So I tend to want to get close to the ship the night before. JIC...

Been in a few close calls when traveling being held up from this and that and even missed a plane or two. So I tend to plan ahead a bit.

My cruise in Nov I will be taking the Autotrain down and driving back from FL. I have never done the Autotrain, so it was an opportunity to give it a try.

I hate driving and when my DH drives I get alot of crocheting done ( better then a fight). I drive 4.63 miles to work and then back home. In between work and home is Target, grocery store, Mall, 10 restaurants, Craft stores and they are building a Walmart right next to where I work. And I can walk into town. Nope don't like driving. Yep I work at an Auto Dealership.LOL

Hi all,

Going out for the day....just wanted to stop by and say hi.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Want to make yours even better? How about joining us on a great cruise??

Carnival Pride to Bermuda

September 18, 2011

sailing from Baltimore

7 day itinerary

For prices and booking info, see links below.

Come on along!:D

Archived