Official CC group Cruise Carnival Pride "Bermuda Bound Pirates" - September 18, 2011

Crazeecat5

Good Evening friends,

Come join the Bermuda Bound Pirates of the Pride.

Carnival Pride to Bermuda

September 18, 2011

sailing from Baltimore

7 day itinerary

Just $25 per person deposit gets you booked. For prices and booking information, please click on the links below.

Hi there and welcome aboard!

Did you book with our Cruise Critic group cruise Travel Agent? If so, I would like to add you to our list. Please let me know your name and the names of those traveling with you, what category you booked and what dining time you have chosen. Then, please feel free to copy and paste our group banner to your signature!

Also, if you are an Official Pirate, you can join in on the excursions and activities we will be planning for this group. Right now, I am working on a pre cruise hotel in Baltimore so if you are booked with our group, stay tuned for a discounted group room rate.

Just thought I'd post this since I haven't for a while.

Updated list........

BOOKED!

1.Crazeecat5 Sheryl & Robert Balcony Early Dining

2.saw1953 Sheila & Ray Inside Anytime Dining

3.n2knight Ward Balcony Early Dining

4.trptplayer22 Mary & Bob Balcony Anytime Dining

5.The Grumpus Fred & Sarah Balcony Late Dining

6.Patrice1 John & Patrice Balcony Anytime Dining

7.bearnuts Brian & Diane Balcony Anytime Dining

8.wakewatcher Laurie & Craig Balcony Anytime Dining

9.wakewatcher Craig & Justin Inside Anytime Dining

10.Don & Kim (with Sheila & Ray) Inside Anytime Dining

11.Calyn 2323 Carolyn & Bill Balcony Anytime Dining

12.Sue&Victor(with Carolyn & Bill) Balcony Anytime Dining

13.Patrice1 Marguerite(Patrice's mom) & Bruce Balcony Anytime Dining

14. Paul & Diane (with Sheila & Ray) Inside Anytime Dining

15. Ronnie & Dan (with Carolyn & Bill) Balcony Anytime Dining

16. sgerth Sandy & Mike Balcony Anytime Dining

17. Melanie & Bion Balcony Anytime Dining

DIRECTORS

Official Meet & Greet - Sheryl (Crazeecat5)

Pre Cruise Hotel & Transportation - Sheryl (Crazeecat5)

Google Map with Info. - Ward (n2knight)

T Shirt Design - Fred (The Grumpus)

Hi all,

Just wanted to let all of you know who booked with our group TA and took advantage of the reduced deposit........

Be on the lookout for an email from Johna. It contains an important policy change from Carnival that will affect you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or go right ahead and email/call Johna. Don't ignore this emaill.....it is important!!

Hi Sheryl. Been busy watching the Phillies:D. Also trying to find a cruise for this Feb., that won't break the bank. It's the airfare that's a killer. We love sailing from San Juan, but the air is running around 100pp more this year.

I have a question for you. I was wondering if you know if the Pride has a magnifying mirror that swings out from the wall in the bathroom? For some reason I think we had this on the Legend a few years back. If they do, that's one less thing to pack.

GO PHILLIES :)

Hi Sheryl. Been busy watching the Phillies:D. Also trying to find a cruise for this Feb., that won't break the bank. It's the airfare that's a killer. We love sailing from San Juan, but the air is running around 100pp more this year.

I have a question for you. I was wondering if you know if the Pride has a magnifying mirror that swings out from the wall in the bathroom? For some reason I think we had this on the Legend a few years back. If they do, that's one less thing to pack.

Hey Mickey,

You know, I'm not sure about the mirror even though I've been on the Pride twice, the Legend and the Miracle.:eek: I'll see if I can find out any info for you.

I am going with a great group of people on a CC group cruise in March, if that month would work for you. It's on the Miracle and it's that great limited Aruba,Curacao,La Romana and Grand Turk itinerary. If you are interested, I could get you the info.

Sorry to hear that you are watching the Phillies...even though I live in Pa now, I am originally from NYC and a diehard Yankee fan!!!:D

OK everybody....flame away!

Not sure if this has been answered. Still catching up on posts. When I was on the Pride a couple of weeks ago my cabin had the swing out mirror in it.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let all of you know who booked with our group TA and took advantage of the reduced deposit........

Be on the lookout for an email from Johna. It contains an important policy change from Carnival that will affect you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or go right ahead and email/call Johna. Don't ignore this emaill.....it is important!!

Hello all back from my cruise, had a fantastic time with a great bunch of people!

I have been thru all my email and have not seen anything from Johna at all? I cant remember if I did the reduced deposit or the full deposit. Can you summarize what the emai lis about here or email me the info please

Thanks!

Ward

Ward, basically Carnival has now decided that they are no longer allowing reduced deposits for CC Group cruises. The full deposit must be paid by 11/1 or you lose your booking #, dining preference, etc. If you don't see an e-mail from Johna you probably have paid the full deposit. It should be on your confirmation or you can e-mail Johna and ask her.

Bob and Mary, since you just recently sailed the Pride, can you tell me how embarkation went? Time you arrived at the pier, waiting time to board the ship?

Thanks ,Mickey

They make it very easy. We left the house at 10:30, got there parked at 11:15, Walked right thru the process and got zone 9, very organized. We were on the ship by 1:30.

Ward, basically Carnival has now decided that they are no longer allowing reduced deposits for CC Group cruises. The full deposit must be paid by 11/1 or you lose your booking #, dining preference, etc. If you don't see an e-mail from Johna you probably have paid the full deposit. It should be on your confirmation or you can e-mail Johna and ask her.

I'm gonna lose my booking number and dining too. I did email Johna and the price of the cruise will not change. I already know I won't have the remaining dep. by Nov. :(

I went ahead and paid the deposit but I must say I'm a little disappointed in Carnival. I don't think it's fair that they can change their mind about the reduced deposit in mid-stream. I know some people use the reduced deposit so they can have several cruises booked at the same time. It's not a big deal to me because I am used to paying the full deposit up front but I still don't think it was very professional of Carnival to do this.

Hi all,

Yes Ward, the way Sheila explained it is correct. If you paid only the $25 deposit, then the remainder of the deposit is due on Nov. 1st. If you don't pay it, you still get to hold on to your guaranteed spot but you will loose your booking #, dining time, etc. If that doesn't bother you, then you can keep it as is and pay the rest of the deposit by the original due date. When you do, a new booking # will be given and you can set up your dining preference again. If you have already paid the full deposit, then this does not pertain to you. I think I still have Johna's email so I will forward it to you, if I do.

Sheila.....I totally agree with you. What an awful way to do business. I am very disappointed in Carnival for this. They should have left all established groups alone and started this policy for new groups forming. After this cruise, hubby and I may now be looking to branch out our cruising horizons!:eek:

Archived