Official CC group Cruise Carnival Pride "Bermuda Bound Pirates" - September 18, 2011

Crazeecat5

If anyone is out there lurking or just thinking about joining this group cruise, now is the time to do it.

Apparently, not only will Carnival no longer be offering the $25 pp deposit after November 1st, they will no longer be recognizing our group prices. So if you book this cruise after that date, you could be paying lots more money.:eek::mad:

Don't let that happen to you!

Get booked soon!:D

Hi Sheryl!:)

Haven't spoken to ya in a while nor have a followed the Carnival CC Group saga too closely as my next CC Group is with NCL!;) I did read about the $25 deposit shake up, but what other changes were you referring to with new CCL CC Groups going forward!:confused:

Thanks and hope all goes well and happy cruzin!:cool:

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been "with it" here lately. My dog has been sick for the last few days and this morning, threw up a lot of blood. Rushed her to the vet and they are sure she has an ulcer. It was aggrevated by the fact that we went away last weekend and left her at the kennel. She gets very stressed there. Needless to say, hubby and I haven't slept much the past few days....

Anyway......

Pirates, we are less than 1 year away from this great cruise. WooHoo!

Anyone wanting to join us please click on the links below for prices and booking information. Be aware that the full deposit will be required in order to get a booking number!

Carnival Pride to Bermuda

Sept.18, 2011

sailing from Baltimore

7 day itinerary

Sheryl, I'm so sorry about your dog. I hope she will be ok. Our pets become like our children and I know how stressful it can be when they get sick.

Thanks Sheila....they sure do!

Seems that Jamie is doing much better. She ate some food last night and has slept all night too. Looks like I will be treating her even more like my child since now I have to cook for her too! LOL

Thanks Sheila....they sure do!

Seems that Jamie is doing much better. She ate some food last night and has slept all night too. Looks like I will be treating her even more like my child since now I have to cook for her too! LOL

We cook chicken and rice for the dog when she is sick. I think she does it on purpose:p

We cook chicken and rice for the dog when she is sick. I think she does it on purpose:p

Hey Mary,

Maybe you are right......Jamie must have been sick of her dog food so she found a way to get me to cook for her! LOL

Looks like the meds the vet gave her are making her very sleepy but they are working.

Wonder why she has an ulcer?? Could be because she is a wacky Jack Russell Terrier who is high strung and barks at everything. Wish she would calm down just a little. Still want a bit of the feistiness though.:D

(Quote)Anyone wanting to join us please click on the links below for prices and booking information. Be aware that the full deposit will be required in order to get a booking number!( Quote)

My sister and I paid the rest of the deposit the other day(less to pay later). We decided to pick the cabin # so we know we will be near each other. I have a few friends that were waiting to book till later and I am passing the new requirements on to them. At least they can still book with the $25 deposit till Nov 1. As long as they don't need a booking #.

Am I understanding this right, that after Nov 1 if someone wants to book they will get whatever the current price is, with no group discount?

(Quote)Anyone wanting to join us please click on the links below for prices and booking information. Be aware that the full deposit will be required in order to get a booking number!( Quote)

My sister and I paid the rest of the deposit the other day(less to pay later). We decided to pick the cabin # so we know we will be near each other. I have a few friends that were waiting to book till later and I am passing the new requirements on to them. At least they can still book with the $25 deposit till Nov 1. As long as they don't need a booking #.

Am I understanding this right, that after Nov 1 if someone wants to book they will get whatever the current price is, with no group discount?

Hi there,

I double checked with the TA and, yes you are correct. After Nov. 1st, there will no longer be a group rate available. Anyone who books with the group has to pay Carnival's current rate but will still get the group amenities.

Hi there,

I double checked with the TA and, yes you are correct. After Nov. 1st, there will no longer be a group rate available. Anyone who books with the group has to pay Carnival's current rate but will still get the group amenities.

I have another call in to Johna. I talked to her on Tuesday and as long as cabins were available we still could book with the group at the discounted price. My brother in law tried to book yesterday and was told no discounts were available. No cabins left. I sure hope he missunderstood. This is what he asked me.

"I spoke to Johnna thursday. They don't have any discounts left. I'd have to pay 900 for a inside and 1070 for a balcony. Should I call ---- from ------?

I need to tell him he can still get the $25 per person ship board credit by booking with Johna.

I am a carinval cheereleader and even I think they have shot themselves in the foot.

Hi Sheryl,

That is correct. After November 1 the will book in at whatever the current rate is however they will still get the group amenities.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Johna

Here is the email that I received from Johna. Looks like before Nov. 1st, they should still be receiving the group rate. Can't believe all of our gruop rate cabins are gone. If they are, then a lot of people booked and never told me. Doesn't sound right.......

I sometimes find that sending Johna an email works faster. Hope your relative gets to join us!

I also asked her if this pertains to those of us already booked. Here was her reply:

Anyone who has already booked will be rebooked in to their current category and at the rate they agreed to.

She called back right away. I am happy to say my brother in law was looking at prices for bal. and ocean view. The balcony cabins are gone and we can still book the inside cabins. He will be calling her back. Thanks. I will keep you posted.

Carolyn

She called back right away. I am happy to say my brother in law was looking at prices for bal. and ocean view. The balcony cabins are gone and we can still book the inside cabins. He will be calling her back. Thanks. I will keep you posted.

Carolyn

Hey Carolyn,

That's great news! Yes please let me know when your brother in law is booked.

So are you saying that all of our group held balcony cabins are booked or did Carnival take them back? Guess I better check with Johna........

Hey Mary,

Maybe you are right......Jamie must have been sick of her dog food so she found a way to get me to cook for her! LOL

Looks like the meds the vet gave her are making her very sleepy but they are working.

Wonder why she has an ulcer?? Could be because she is a wacky Jack Russell Terrier who is high strung and barks at everything. Wish she would calm down just a little. Still want a bit of the feistiness though.:D

Missy List ( our dog) same way. Barks at air. She's a mutt but about the size of a Jack Russell. She thinks she's a Rottwieller.:eek:

Hi all,

Another CC group leader, who happens to be my friend, posted this thread that I think explains, very clearly, Carnival's new policies pertaining to CC group cruises. Please read it so that you will all understand what will happen as of Nov. 1st.

For those of you who are thinking about booking this or any other CC group cruise, this is a must read:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=26321044&posted=1#post26321044

Hi all,

Another CC group leader, who happens to be my friend, posted this thread that I think explains, very clearly, Carnival's new policies pertaining to CC group cruises. Please read it so that you will all understand what will happen as of Nov. 1st.

For those of you who are thinking about booking this or any other CC group cruise, this is a must read:

Its interesting that only some groups still have the $25 deposit.

Hi all,

It's interesting that only some groups still have the $25 deposit. I am glad we still do, so long as you are booking an inside. I know 2 couples thinking of joining the group, but I know it won't happen before Nov 1st. Its a shame too because your prices are so good.

Sorry, I didn't know the first post posted. This computer is so touchy

It's interesting that only some groups still have the $25 deposit. I am glad we still do, so long as you are booking an inside. I know 2 couples thinking of joining the group, but I know it won't happen before Nov 1st. Its a shame too because your prices are so good.

Sorry, I didn't know the first post posted. This computer is so touchy

Hey Carolyn,

These new policies are for all Cruise Critic Carnival group cruises. So, as of Nov. 1st, the $25 deposit will be gone and our special group price will disappear. For those who are already booked, our group price will still be honored. The rest of the deposit will be due by Nov. 1st if you want to keep your booking # and dining time. Otherwise, you can stay with the $25 deposit, lose your booking number but not your reservation. When you pay the rest of the deposit, you will get a new booking number and be able to request your dining time and see your booking on Carnival.com.

Hey Carolyn,

These new policies are for all Cruise Critic Carnival group cruises. So, as of Nov. 1st, the $25 deposit will be gone and our special group price will disappear. For those who are already booked, our group price will still be honored. The rest of the deposit will be due by Nov. 1st if you want to keep your booking # and dining time. Otherwise, you can stay with the $25 deposit, lose your booking number but not your reservation. When you pay the rest of the deposit, you will get a new booking number and be able to request your dining time and see your booking on Carnival.com.

Sorry If I made things more confusing. I was refering to the thread you mentioned earlier that the other CC group leader wrote. She wrote that SOME of the groups still have the $25 deposit till Nov 1. Thats what I found interesting, that not all the groups had it till Nov1.

Sorry If I made things more confusing. I was refering to the thread you mentioned earlier that the other CC group leader wrote. She wrote that SOME of the groups still have the $25 deposit till Nov 1. Thats what I found interesting, that not all the groups had it till Nov1.

I think the groups whose full deposits were due soon did not get the $25 deposit until Nov.1st. We have until then as do many other CC groups.

Whatever the case, I don't think this was very good of Carnival!

Hi all,

If you are interested in booking this cruise with us, call our CC TA right away. The $25 pp deposit and the group prices will be gone as of Nov. 1st. So call by Oct.29th to get a guaranteed spot at these great prices.:D

Sept. 18, 2011

sailing from Baltimore

7 day itinerary

For prices and booking information, click on the links below.

Hi everyone,

Don't forget....

If you want to book this cruise at these prices, you must dso so before November 1st. After that, you can still book with the group but at Carnival's regular rate.

So, don't wait. Come join us now!

Sept. 18, 2011

sailing from Baltimore

7 days itinerary

Prices and booking info., good only until Nov. 1st, are located in the links below.

Sheryl is that you? So funny - I was just browsing through member cruises and I saw your name!

It's been a pretty rough year for me; my husband Mike passed away in August. He died just a few days before his 55th birthday. The trip we took with you on the Pride last summer was his last cruise.

My kids and I are going on a cruise next August that actually leaves on Mike's birthday. We are taking the Fantasy out of Charleston and going back to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, and Nassau.

Maybe I could swing another trip sans kids in September; I love the Pride and I've always wanted to go to Bermuda. We'll see if I can get the nerve up to go solo.

Archived