Official CC group Cruise Carnival Pride "Bermuda Bound Pirates" - September 18, 2011

Crazeecat5

TnMdougherty, we live behind Regency Square Mall so we're probably not far from each other. At this point we have 3 couples going so we are driving up on Saturday and doing a park and cruise at one of the hotels. Some of our group have never been to the Inner Harbor so we're going to hang around down there the afternoon and night before the cruise. Cheaper to rent a hotel room than to park at the port.

TnMdougherty, we live behind Regency Square Mall so we're probably not far from each other. At this point we have 3 couples going so we are driving up on Saturday and doing a park and cruise at one of the hotels. Some of our group have never been to the Inner Harbor so we're going to hang around down there the afternoon and night before the cruise. Cheaper to rent a hotel room than to park at the port.

Yes Sheila.......staying at a park & cruise hotel is usually cheaper than parking at the pier. I will find us one that gives us a great group discount and that will make it even better!!:D

Hi all,

Don't forget to get your call into our CC TA before October 29th in order to get in on these great prices. For prices and booking info, see links below.

Carnival Pride to Bermuda

September 18, 2011

sailing from Bermuda

7 day itinerary

Just thought I'd post the booked list. According to Johna, the CC TA, there are more cabins booked than what is on my list. If you don't see your name here, PLEASE let me know so that I can have a correct count. Don't want to leave anyone out of the fun......

Thanks!!!:D

Updated list........

BOOKED!

1.Crazeecat5 Sheryl & Robert Balcony Early Dining

2.saw1953 Sheila & Ray Inside Anytime Dining

3.n2knight Ward Balcony Early Dining

4.trptplayer22 Mary & Bob Balcony Anytime Dining

5.The Grumpus Fred & Sarah Balcony Late Dining

6.Patrice1 John & Patrice Balcony Anytime Dining

7.bearnuts Brian & Diane Balcony Anytime Dining

8.wakewatcher Laurie & Craig Balcony Anytime Dining

9.wakewatcher Craig & Justin Inside Anytime Dining

10.Don & Kim (with Sheila & Ray) Inside Anytime Dining

11.Calyn 2323 Carolyn & Bill Balcony Anytime Dining

12.Sue&Victor(with Carolyn & Bill) Balcony Anytime Dining

13.Patrice1 Marguerite(Patrice's mom) & Bruce Balcony

Anytime Dining

14. Paul & Diane (with Sheila & Ray) Inside Anytime Dining

15. Ronnie & Dan (with Carolyn & Bill) Balcony Anytime Dining

16. sgerth Sandy & Mike Balcony Anytime Dining

17. Melanie & Bion Balcony Anytime Dining

18. Cindy & Matt (with Carolyn & Bill) Inside Anytime Dining

DIRECTORS

Official Meet & Greet - Sheryl (Crazeecat5)

Pre Cruise Hotel & Transportation - Sheryl (Crazeecat5)

Google Map with Info. - Ward (n2knight)

T Shirt Design - Fred (The Grumpus)

Just thought I'd post the booked list. According to Johna, the CC TA, there are more cabins booked than what is on my list. If you don't see your name here, PLEASE let me know so that I can have a correct count. Don't want to leave anyone out of the fun......

Thanks!!!:D

Updated list........

BOOKED!

Anytime Dining

DIRECTORS

Official Meet & Greet - Sheryl (Crazeecat5)

Pre Cruise Hotel & Transportation - Sheryl (Crazeecat5)

Google Map with Info. - Ward (n2knight)

T Shirt Design - Fred (The Grumpus)

Yup I'm still on the list :D

So many people with Anytime Dining! wow!

Hi all, just checking in. It was a great September with B2B's on Oasis of the Seas. All I can say is WOW, what a ship.

Anyway, I read the email from Johna and I guess I am a little confused. Seems she is saying we have to pay full deposit on Nov 1st and if not, our ressy is gone but we will go on hold in their group system. The main reason I booked this cruise so far out from the sailing was because I didn't have to put down the full deposit until next March. I knew with the Oasis cruises and the one over NYE, that I wouldn't have the $$$ for a full deposit on this one. Now CCL is changing the rules and saying I have to pay up. So I am not going pay the full deposit and I guess I will be added to the TA's hold list. From what I understand, maybe someone here can clarify, is that the "hold" will keep me in the category I chose at the original booking price until I make final payment in March at which time I will receive a new booking number. Does that sound right to any of you???:confused:

Fred, your cabin category is safe I think but the reduced pricing is not. If you don't pay the full deposit by 11/1 you lose your booking #, dining time, and the group rate. Right, Sheryl? I understand your dilemma. I know a lot of folks used these reduced deposits to book several cruises so they could space them out and pay for them. I think it is very unprofessional of CCL to change in the middle of group. If they had changed for any groups going forward then no one would have a right to complain but they changed the rules in the middle.

Fred, your cabin category is safe I think but the reduced pricing is not. If you don't pay the full deposit by 11/1 you lose your booking #, dining time, and the group rate. Right, Sheryl? I understand your dilemma. I know a lot of folks used these reduced deposits to book several cruises so they could space them out and pay for them. I think it is very unprofessional of CCL to change in the middle of group. If they had changed for any groups going forward then no one would have a right to complain but they changed the rules in the middle.

When I emailed Johna she said the only thing I would lose is the booking # and dinner time. At that time she said I would not lose the pricing.

Here is her response to my question about the pricing:

No. You will lose your booking number and your dining time. Once the second deposit is made, I basically rebook you in to the same category and at the same rate you are currently booked at but a new reservation number will be issued at that time. Please let me know ifyou have any other questions.

Thank you,

Johna

Hi all, just checking in. It was a great September with B2B's on Oasis of the Seas. All I can say is WOW, what a ship.

Anyway, I read the email from Johna and I guess I am a little confused. Seems she is saying we have to pay full deposit on Nov 1st and if not, our ressy is gone but we will go on hold in their group system. The main reason I booked this cruise so far out from the sailing was because I didn't have to put down the full deposit until next March. I knew with the Oasis cruises and the one over NYE, that I wouldn't have the $$$ for a full deposit on this one. Now CCL is changing the rules and saying I have to pay up. So I am not going pay the full deposit and I guess I will be added to the TA's hold list. From what I understand, maybe someone here can clarify, is that the "hold" will keep me in the category I chose at the original booking price until I make final payment in March at which time I will receive a new booking number. Does that sound right to any of you???:confused:

I have the same thing going on. I know the earliest I'll have the full deposit is Feb. I did post a couple down the response I got from Johna about the cost of the cruise.

When I emailed Johna she said the only thing I would lose is the booking # and dinner time. At that time she said I would not lose the pricing.

Here is her response to my question about the pricing:

No. You will lose your booking number and your dining time. Once the second deposit is made, I basically rebook you in to the same category and at the same rate you are currently booked at but a new reservation number will be issued at that time. Please let me know ifyou have any other questions.

Thank you,

Johna

I have the same thing going on. I know the earliest I'll have the full deposit is Feb. I did post a couple down the response I got from Johna about the cost of the cruise.
Hi Sheila & Mary, thanks for y'alls input. Mary, I received pretty much the same response from Johna's associate; Johna was out last week (I'll bet she was cruisin'!;) ). Losing the booking# & my dining time doesn't bother me so long as I can keep my current booking rate and being able to pay the full deposit in March. Anyway, I hope that is correct and we can stay with this sailing, I should get a response from here today.:)

Sheila, I agree. It is pretty crappy of Carnival to spring this on people with existing bookings - existing bookings should have been grandfathered in.

Hey all,

Here is the response I got from Johna a few weeks ago when I asked her if our reduced rate will still be honored, even if we don't give the rest of the deposit now. This is what will happen when you give the rest of the deposit by the original due date:

Anyone who has already booked will be rebooked in to their current category and at the rate they agreed to.

Welcome to our newest Pirates.....Terri & Susan!

Updated list........

BOOKED!

Anytime Dining

19. TnMDougherty Terri & Susan Balcony

Updated list........

BOOKED!

Anytime Dining

19. TnMDougherty Terri & Susan Balcony Anytime Dining

Thanks Sheryl - and you can put us down for Anytime Dining too.

So who can help me figure out how to put the banner on my signature?

Terri

Hey Terri,

I updated your dining time.

You know, it's been a while since I added my banner but try right clicking on it, click on copy and then paste it to your signature in User CP.

Where's Ward? He knows this stuff!!:D

Thanks Sheryl - and you can put us down for Anytime Dining too.

So who can help me figure out how to put the banner on my signature?

Terri

Terri,

Sometimes copy and pasting the banner will work others times it doesn't.

Try the method below and see if that works for you.

Select and copy the code below

[img=http://www.warddawson.com/ward1/pirateflag.jpg]

Then along the top of this web page click on "Quick Links" and click on "Edit Signature"

Click in the box and paste the code there. Click save button and that should do it.

-Ward

I'm sure glad you guys get to keep our rates. This cruise has gone up considerably. Another beautiful fall weekend in VA. Ray's mom is flying in from Louisiana tomorrow. She's gonna make gumbo for us and 20 of our closest friends on Sunday. Can't wait to see her. Ya'll have a great weekend.

I'm sure glad you guys get to keep our rates. This cruise has gone up considerably. Another beautiful fall weekend in VA. Ray's mom is flying in from Louisiana tomorrow. She's gonna make gumbo for us and 20 of our closest friends on Sunday. Can't wait to see her. Ya'll have a great weekend.

Hey Sheila,

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned....enjoy!

I was checking the prices today too. We are certainly getting a good deal.

Hear that folks???

You have until October 29th to get these great prices.

Come join us....click on the links below for pricing and booking information!

Archived