Music Asia!!!

FlyboyUSA

Hi FlyboyUSA!

My family and I just got back from the Carnival Splendor in July. We watched Music Asia perform every night. They were the best entertainment by far on the cruise. This is the last week they are going to perform on the Splendor. They are taking 2-3 months off then they will sign an 8 month contract with another cruise. Robert (drummer) is suppose to contact us and let us know the next cruise they will be on. I cant wait to see them perform again!!!

Bummer im heading on the Splendor in sept. darn to hear Im going to miss them! I saw them years back on the Elation AWESOME! Hopefully another "MUSIC ____" will join the Splendor when MUSIC ASIA goes on break

Edited by luv cruising 007

MUSIC NETWORK: (Legend)

171353547_jUegS-M.jpg

Can you tell me where on the Legend they performed. I was on the ship last year, and I dont remember any bands. Going again in November and would live to see a band :)

Edited by FloridaLaura

Can you tell me where on the Legend they performed. I was on the ship last year, and I dont remember any bands. Going again in November and would live to see a band :)

That would have been in Satchmo's Jazz lounge.

I have found, on some recent cruises, that they have eliminated the rock/lounge bands. Not sure if that is a trend or not - though in the past you could pretty much count on finding a "Music" band, or similar, on most ships.

Tom

That would have been in Satchmo's Jazz lounge.

I have found, on some recent cruises, that they have eliminated the rock/lounge bands. Not sure if that is a trend or not - though in the past you could pretty much count on finding a "Music" band, or similar, on most ships.

Tom

Thanks so much! I hope they have some live music in November :)

Wow, I'm so glad to see these bands are still playing on some ships. I thought they were completely eliminated! I bought the CD from music unlimited, who were on the Miracle in 2006, but have only seen one other "music" band since.

Ok I just watched a few of these bands on youtube. If Carnival got rid of them due to cut backs thats a real shame. I hope there back in near future. Great bands!! I think Journeys new singer came from one of these bands. But I could be mistaken. I know he was found on youtube. Just like the guy who was singing for Boston a few years ago. Boston was incredible!! That guy sounded just like Brad. Ok thats enough. Im off to go see Volbeat tonight. \m/ \m/!!!!!

We saw Music Asia perform on the Splendor and they were great! We were in the cigar bar enjoying an after-dinner cigar and listening to them. That will always be a good memory since Carnival has now taken the cigar bars away.

I hope we run across them again on another cruise.

Wow! A thread I posted on a year ago!

Thanks for bringing back good memories. I just went on YouTube and found this. It is not the same key boardist that I saw in 2007 but everybody else is the same.

I hope I can see them again in the future.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
There's a question. Does anyone know if we can tract these bands, like the piano bar players are being tracked? I've booked cruises based upon the piano bar player and I might do the same for the Music bands.

Its hard to track the bands for some unknown reason Carnival likes to keep it secret you can sometimes find the bands on Facebook and find out which ship they are on i have done lots of research even calling the main entertainment office in miami and also emailing john heald but they wont tell you. I know the Alterr Band is currently on the carnival miracle they are very good we also like Music Asia. Music Power. And thr Bestsellers we also try to book certain ships because of the bands

Its hard to track the bands for some unknown reason Carnival likes to keep it secret you can sometimes find the bands on Facebook and find out which ship they are on i have done lots of research even calling the main entertainment office in miami and also emailing john heald but they wont tell you. I know the Alterr Band is currently on the carnival miracle they are very good we also like Music Asia. Music Power. And thr Bestsellers we also try to book certain ships because of the bands

... a BLAST

from the

PAST !!!

Tom

We had Music Manila on the Fantasy in March '09. They were absolutely

fantastic!!

Sadly,even though I may be wrong, I think that none of the Music XXXX

bands are with Carnival now...at least from what I have been hearing.

Music Manila was the highlight of the cruise for me and my son...especially

him.

He was invited to sit in on the drums for a song, but he was too shy to

play in front of that many people. The invite was enough to make him feel

good though.

We have had the Music Manila band playing now for over 3.5 years on The Carnival Spirit based out of Sydney Australia. They are fantastic & have adappeted to a lot of our local music. here DownUnder. That's why we can't get enough of Carnival here in Australia.

The Music Manila Band, the ship The Carnival Spirit & The greatest harbour in the world. Sydney Harbour!! Come on Down.. :p:D

• 8 months later...
Does anyone know where Musik Asia from the Fantasy Sept 2017 went ?.? Mike is the lead singer!, They do a great Hotel California by the Eagles Can’t locate them on Facebook either

Saw recent FunTimes (Aug) for Carnival Victory 5 day from Miami. Music Asia band is on but not sure if it's the same band.

Does anyone know where Musik Asia from the Fantasy Sept 2017 went ?.? Mike is the lead singer!, They do a great Hotel California by the Eagles Can’t locate them on Facebook either

They were there for just a couple weeks. Entertainment Director told us they were filling in a gap in contracts.