Unhappy with cabin assignment - what can I do?

rooben

Bookign a guarantee is always a gamble but I have always won the gamble. I always book a minimum balcony guarantee and always have ended up with a tope level balcony. I do book early. This year on the Emerald in November I now have a Caribe deck balcony with the half and half larger balcony. Very happy

Hi There

Now that I see the pic I do not see a problem with this cabin, that said I do not take cabins with views so it would not be a big issue for me.

I once had a cabin at the front of the ship we had folk walking past our cabin all day, what made it worse was our cabin floor was about 6 feet lower than the deck so we would see feet however loads of folk would squat down to look in.

As for a view we could see nothing but sky

yours Shogun

Here is an idea of what your view will look like.

2452228850046097424hdCBMq_th.jpg

I think these are fine unobstructed rooms but if they do not meet your standards or expectations, the time to specify that was at booking, not now. This is partly why you hired a TA, to take care of your needs and expectations when choosing a room.

That's a great shot- and a great location, too!

Bookign a guarantee is always a gamble but I have always won the gamble. I always book a minimum balcony guarantee and always have ended up with a tope level balcony. I do book early. This year on the Emerald in November I now have a Caribe deck balcony with the half and half larger balcony. Very happy

WOW,,,,u have already gotten your cabin assignment for a November cruise ?? I am impressed :) I have booked a BG guarantee for April 4,2011 10 day Panama and would expect cabin assignment sometime in March. So am looking forward to maybe getting it sooner :rolleyes: We booked on May 1 so we figure that is an early booking. Keeping our fingers crossed :p

Happy Cruising...........

DonnaF :D

Having asked my TA for outside cabin with unobstructed view on the Crown Princess, they booked me a DD grade on guarantee. On my cruise personaliser I see they have assigned me cabin E115 which is, it would seem, a DD with partially obstructed view. Looking at the deckplans, this location is not what I would have chosen. I want to change - also I see that the prices have come down since I booked 2 weeks ago and a balcony is now the same price as an outside cabin. The TA tells me that DD is fully booked. I am upset that I specifically asked the TA for unobstructed - it did not occur to me that I would end up with partially obstructed. I am concerned that Princess will argue that the cabin is the grade that was booked and will not change. The TA is offering to change to a balcony if I pay an extra £350.

I don't really care which deck I'm on or whether I have a balcony - but I do want an obstructed view. Any suggestions as to what Princess are likely to offer when The TA approaches them on Monday?

Look at the entry you made above...What do you want, as from your entry above you want both.

On Princess you have inside, outside, oceanview obstructed, oceanview, oceanview with balcony, mini suite and the gamut of different suites.

You need to be specific...are you certain you asked your TA for an oceanview stateroom?

Ciao for now!!!

CaptainRon,

You spotted the error in my original message - the second statement that you highlight should have had a vital "un" that is missing. It should have said "I do want an unobstructed view" Makes all the differece - other posters have either not noticed the error or read enough of what followed to understand the error.

It is encouraging to hear from some that this cabin will be fine. Thank you everyone for your advice and comments. For the record, my TA could not offer aything other than guarantee (perhaps because it was so close to the cruise date). I think the lesson I have learned here is not to trust any TA and to check and double check all the deck plans very thoroughly for myself before booking in future.

If Princess will agree to change my cabin (sounds unlikely) that's great - if not, I shall hope to be pleasantly surprised to find things are not as bad as I had feared. Whatever happens, I will not let this spoil my holiday - my husband and I are going to have a wonderful time, I'm sure.

You might discover that you really like this location. The Upper Promenade deck is closed in the evening and does not re-open until sometime in the morning so you will not have people wandering by outside your cabin. Being extremely forward also reduces the amount of traffic outside your cabin so the possibility of dealing with noise from children running and late-might revelers is also reduced. To me this location always looked like it had a little bit of exclusivity that could be quite enjoyable.

On Princess you have inside, outside, oceanview obstructed, oceanview, oceanview with balcony, mini suite and the gamut of different suites.

So what is this "outside" you're talking about? To my knowledge, Princess has no such category. Other than inside categories, you can get suites, minis, balconies, or oceanviews (including unobstructed, partially obstructed and obstructed), but nothing that is label "outside" (unless you plan to sleep on the pool deck:D)...

Archived