AF suite questions

cruzin007

Hi everyone. I am booked in a balcony room on the Jewel, but I just noticed for an extra $200.00 I could get an AF suite on the 11th floor. Which AF suites on the 11th floor don't have too much noise from above? Are the AF suites worth the extra money? Are they bigger than a balcony room or is the bathtub the only difference?

Has anyone that already paid in full been able to pay the extra money and change from a balcony room to an AF suite?

I've been on the NCL website for weeks trying to see if anything else was available and I was doing this before my final payment was due and NCL's site kept showing nothing available for 4 people, now all of a sudden there are plenty of AF suites available.

Thanks for any info.

The AF has a bit more room in the sitting area and there is a curtain between the bed and the sitting area which is nice if you have people in the cabin who have different schedules, i.e., one night owl and one early bird. And, as you said, the AF has shower over tub, rather than a stall shower.

The quietest ones are are on the starboard (right) side forward, under the library and card room.:)

Medium is anything under the pool area.

The minis with the most noise are under the fitness center (port side forward).:(

The AF is a mini-suite. The bathroom, stateroom, and balcony are all slightly larger than a balcony cabin. There is also more storage space. It's nice if you want the extra space and the bathtub. They also work well if you have a 3rd/4th person since there is extra space.

Just remember, the mini-suite is not considered a full suite. It does not have any suite perks. It's really more of a deluxe balcony than a suite. I only bring this up because sometimes people come back and are upset because they expected to receive the suite perks.

As for doing this after final payment. NCL will allow you to upgrade. However they may want to charge you more than the current difference in price since it is after final payment. Then again they may not. However others have reported that NCL wanted significantly more than the current difference in price when they tried to upgrade after final payment.

Thanks for the info. I am considering trying to upgrade to the AF suite even though there are no perks. We have a 10-month old with us and it would be nice to have a bathtub to wash him or to even just let him sit in the tub to cool off.

The following are available if NCL would let me upgrade: 11100, 11602, 11102, 11604, 11536, 11534, 11034, 11608, 11108, 11618, 11118, 11528, 11028, 11620 and 11120.

Are any of these rooms worth trying to switch to? Are any of them quiet or will they all have a lot of noise?

Thanks.

Hi everyone. I am booked in a balcony room on the Jewel, but I just noticed for an extra $200.00 I could get an AF suite on the 11th floor. Which AF suites on the 11th floor don't have too much noise from above? Are the AF suites worth the extra money? Are they bigger than a balcony room or is the bathtub the only difference?

Has anyone that already paid in full been able to pay the extra money and change from a balcony room to an AF suite?

I've been on the NCL website for weeks trying to see if anything else was available and I was doing this before my final payment was due and NCL's site kept showing nothing available for 4 people, now all of a sudden there are plenty of AF suites available.

Thanks for any info.

Hi: With a little one, the tub w/ glass door enclosure might be good. It's a big step over! The water never gets cold in the tub. It it mediium at best for a bath. We were on the Jewel in cabin AF15584 (Minisuite) this past November just the 2 of us and it was fine. Once in a while we heard some noise from the food court/chairs moving, but nothing terrible.

Also, there is a separate curtain from the little sofa, which blocks out additional light if the little one is sleeping.

It might just be worth it.

Have a good cruise.

Thanks for the info. I am considering trying to upgrade to the AF suite even though there are no perks. We have a 10-month old with us and it would be nice to have a bathtub to wash him or to even just let him sit in the tub to cool off.

The following are available if NCL would let me upgrade: 11100, 11602, 11102, 11604, 11536, 11534, 11034, 11608, 11108, 11618, 11118, 11528, 11028, 11620 and 11120.

Are any of these rooms worth trying to switch to? Are any of them quiet or will they all have a lot of noise?

Thanks.

We sailed with out then 18month old in January in AF 11022. we found having the curtain to separtae his cot and us was fantastic ... and the tub a definate bonus too. If it were me I would go for the AF ... we're sailing in one again in August but this time have an Aft cabin ... happy travels:)

Just got off the Pearl today (6/13/10), we were in 11618. The AF's are great but i'd not get one in this area if you are a light sleeper. Every morning around 5am we began to hear the rolling of carts and the buffett setup. I did not have an issue nor did my daughter, but my wife was awakened every morning.

If you've ever cruised on the Disney ships, the AF Mini Suites are the same size as a Disney balcony room.

Hi I've noticed you have been on the Dawn quite a few times. I am hoping it is because it is a nice ship and the food and everything else was great! Please help. I am sailing 12/03/2010 AF 11120, mini suite. Are they nice? How is the food? I have sailed, Ocean Princess, Royal Caribbean and Carnival (surprisingly nice). Thanks

Archived