Couple of questions

darthmikeyd

These questions may have been asked already, and if so I am sorry for reposting them. We are sailing on the Dawn next May out of Boston down to Kings Wharf.

First, the possibly stupid question. Is the outdoor pool heated? I know the weather can still be a bit cool in May, but one thing I love doing on the ship is just hanging out in the pool, and am worried about the temperature of the water. I know there is a small indoor pool in the spa, but I am cheap and don't want to have to pay to use it.

Second, are there any beaches within walking distance from the ship?

Last, does anyone know if there are any types of luaus, or something along those lines, at night on one of the beaches that we could attend?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Mike

These questions may have been asked already, and if so I am sorry for reposting them. We are sailing on the Dawn next May out of Boston down to Kings Wharf.

First, the possibly stupid question. Is the outdoor pool heated? I know the weather can still be a bit cool in May, but one thing I love doing on the ship is just hanging out in the pool, and am worried about the temperature of the water. I know there is a small indoor pool in the spa, but I am cheap and don't want to have to pay to use it.

Last, does anyone know if there are any types of luaus, or something along those lines, at night on one of the beaches that we could attend?

Mike

Don't think pool is heated. The closest beach to where the ship docks is right within the dockyard complex but has a fee to get in. Don't think you will find any luaus or similar in Bermuda

First, the possibly stupid question. Is the outdoor pool heated?No I know the weather can still be a bit cool in May, but one thing I love doing on the ship is just hanging out in the pool, and am worried about the temperature of the water. I know there is a small indoor pool in the spa, but I am cheap and don't want to have to pay to use it.

Second, are there any beaches within walking distance from the ship?Yes, there is snorkle beach but in my opinion it is only a beach sample. You are far better off purchasing a transportation pass and venturing further.

Last, does anyone know if there are any types of luaus, or something along those lines, at night on one of the beaches that we could attend? Have not seen this. One night there is a deck party on the ship. There is usually Hamilton Night (street fair, art vendors) that you can go to but that is in town, not the beach. Or depending on which nights your itinerary will be there is also Destination Dockyard.

Mike

Bermuda is lovely and you are sure to have a lovely time.

Mike

Last Year we took the Dawn in May to Kings Wharf,

I do not believe the pool was heated but the water was always a nice temp. to enjoy it.

There is a smaller beach within walking distance called Snorkle Park (but it can get a little crowded depending on how many ships are in port).

There was not any specific event going on ashore, however there was a bar called The Frog & Onion Pub located right in the dockyard that made for fun nightlife (but not a beach).

I must tell you, take the time to explore the Royal Naval Dockyard! It is all very interesting, you can even get the chance to watch glass-blowing and taste some Rum Cake (not to mention explore the historic area). They also have a Dolphin Quest (even if you do not participate, it is nace to watch).

And, If you do have the opportunity to visit a beach (we took mopeds around the island, but I believe they have day-passes for the buses) I highly recommend Horeshoe Bay, it's the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. We always make it a point to go back.:D

Archived