All things Voyager of the Seas

Don't know about that situation but could you answer a couple of questions?

1) who is the cruise director?

2) is Derek Lewis at the Pig and Whistle?

Cruise director was Casey Pelter and I thought that he was very entertaining although some people say they don't care for him. His show that runs on the tv every morning is worth watching for its information and entertainment value. Derek Lewis is at the Pig and Whistle.

All in all, a good cruise (even with 900 kids onboard) and a nice ship. The lobster on the 2nd formal night was really good and tender, not tough. That was a nice surprise.

Cruising out of Galveston would just not be the same without Derek Lewis on board.

Just a few questions from recent Voyager cruisers:

What times are the ice shows and where do you pick up tickets?

Are most of the nightclub shows before dinner for Late Seating? On our last cruise we had early seating and had to rush thru or skip dessert to get 2 seats together in the nightclub. For us, early shows are much better :)

If we choose 7PM MTD, would we be able to make any of the main shows?

Thanks.

No more tickets for the ice show, first come first seated on the Nov 21 sailing. There were four shows, two at 4:30 and two at 8:30, I don't recall the days.

We had a 7:00 pm MTD daily reseveration and usually made it to the shows by 8:15/20, always found two sets together.

No more tickets for the ice show, first come first seated on the Nov 21 sailing. There were four shows, two at 4:30 and two at 8:30, I don't recall the days.

We had a 7:00 pm MTD daily reseveration and usually made it to the shows by 8:15/20, always found two sets together.

Thank you for the information. I meant to type FOR recent Voyager cruisers, not FROM....

I think dinner goes by much slower when seated at a large table. There will be the 4 of us and we requsted a table for 6-8. We enjoy meeting new folks. I think we have some thinking to do before our cruise. Is it possible to switch to MTD after we board? Were you seated promptly?

I wish all of my concerns were like these and more often!

Cruise director was Casey Pelter and I thought that he was very entertaining although some people say they don't care for him. His show that runs on the tv every morning is worth watching for its information and entertainment value. Derek Lewis is at the Pig and Whistle.

All in all, a good cruise (even with 900 kids onboard) and a nice ship. The lobster on the 2nd formal night was really good and tender, not tough. That was a nice surprise.

Thank you for responding. Can't wait to see Derek. I don't think I know Casey Pelter.

Can you be a bit more specific about why some folks didn't care for Casey? How long has he been on the Voyager and which ship did he come from.. if any.

Glad you had a good cruise in spite of all those kids :eek:

Can you be a bit more specific about why some folks didn't care for Casey? How long has he been on the Voyager and which ship did he come from.. if any.

Glad you had a good cruise in spite of all those kids :eek:

Can't tell you why some people didn't care for him. I never heard anything but praise for him on our cruise. Just what other people said on this board when he was on other ships, but then again, I have to take that with a grain of salt, I liked him. He was not phoney and gushy like some. Just seemed like a regular guy. He is just back from vacation and came from another ship, not sure what ship. Enjoy your cruise! Let me know if you have issues with washclothes!!! LOL

Can't tell you why some people didn't care for him. I never heard anything but praise for him on our cruise. Just what other people said on this board when he was on other ships, but then again, I have to take that with a grain of salt, I liked him. He was not phoney and gushy like some. Just seemed like a regular guy. He is just back from vacation and came from another ship, not sure what ship. Enjoy your cruise! Let me know if you have issues with washclothes!!! LOL

At least now I know to ask! I WILL miss those chocolates at turn down service. I hear they're gone :mad: I used to love having a nosh while reading the next day's Compass. I know I could bring my own but those chocolates, like the towel animals were just nice small touches.

At least now I know to ask! I WILL miss those chocolates at turn down service. I hear they're gone :mad: I used to love having a nosh while reading the next day's Compass. I know I could bring my own but those chocolates, like the towel animals were just nice small touches.

I've seen on other threads where they suggest you bring your own chocolates and give them to your stateroom attendant for turndown service. We are taking my MIL for her 90th birthday and I would like to have it really special for her. The problem is that living in Texas, even in January, Chocolates can and WILL melt in the car on the ride there. But still, I'm going to give it a try. I agree, chocolates at turn down service is the special touch and makes me think "Wow, I'm on vacation!!":D

I've seen on other threads where they suggest you bring your own chocolates and give them to your stateroom attendant for turndown service. We are taking my MIL for her 90th birthday and I would like to have it really special for her. The problem is that living in Texas, even in January, Chocolates can and WILL melt in the car on the ride there. But still, I'm going to give it a try. I agree, chocolates at turn down service is the special touch and makes me think "Wow, I'm on vacation!!":D

Just put the chocolates with that blue plastic container you freeze and place them in an insulated bag. Should keep fine for many hours. You're very considerate to want to make your MIL's birthday cruise extra special. Hope you all enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Are the towel animals gone too ??? Big Bummer, my mom loves them !

Nope between two cruises we I saw tons of them last month. In fact on the first cruise (week after Thanksgiving) at the end of the cruise I had a zoo in there...

Sadly my neighbors had no towels to dry off after their showers...:eek: Seriously I told Cabin Attendant to leave them all for the whole week so I could get a group shot/video of them. I only ever took video and can take a still from the video.

Leaving on the 6th of feb on the voyager....ready to get out of the snow and cold in Illionois - we're going with another couple from texas and have our resevervations linked for dinner....however can't remember what size of table we requested.... Reseravation does show the time....do you where to look on the reservation to see the size of the table reserved?

Leaving on the 6th of feb on the voyager....ready to get out of the snow and cold in Illionois - we're going with another couple from texas and have our resevervations linked for dinner....however can't remember what size of table we requested.... Reseravation does show the time....do you where to look on the reservation to see the size of the table reserved?

[sailed on Voyager twice 2008 and 2010.

In 2008 We did the Roatan itenerary. May I suggest you go to Maya Key, a private island just across the bay from the dock. Man, this is a great getaway from the growd place. The snorkling is easy and first class. jdc2204

quote=trpjackson;24803888]My wife and I along with another couple are thinking of taking a cruise on the Voyager of the Seas in February 2011. The itinerary is Roaton, Belize, and Cozumel. However, I have not seen many threads on here about the Voyager.

I'm sure there would be many others interested in any information that others can share. I would like people to try and convince me to take this ship. But any negative info would be great too.

Thanks

Doug

Archived