What would please everyone?

We've got a 12 yr old, 21, 27, 30, 33, 55, 56, and 75 yr old traveling. The only past cruisers are the 75, 27 and 33 yr olds- everyone else is a newbie so we'd like to stay together. My family is not big drinkers- heck a few Coronas and we're good for the 21-33 yr olds. We need something that won't bore us like long bus rides to ruins, isn't too adult for the 12 yr old and isn't too expensive.........what ideas do you have?

I've heard about taking a bus to Merida- what do you do there?

Thanks

I'm sorry, I overlooked your question about what to do. Not enough coffee probably.

Merida is a modern sophisticated, yet old Spanish colonial city of almost one million. It's the state capitol, home to four universitys and a freindly, warm and proud people. Very safe. You can see and visit bldgs around the central plaza dating back to the mid-1500s including the oldest Cathedral of the Americas. There are carriage rides that go out to Paseo Montejo, a broad, upscale blvd with many old mansions. ($20/50 minutes) Many beautiful plazas and for those that need to rest, plenty of benches. Very good restaurants and sidewalk cafes. Lots of photo ops.

In my humble opinion, Merida may interest some of you and at different times (some will like the horse-drawn buggy, others less so, some will like the museum, others not).

A fun/educational/entertaining activity that will please pretty well everyone is the Sotuta de Peon hacienda tour. No, I don't work there, but I have taken people there at least on 12 occasions and everyone, from 6 to 76, loves it.

Their link is http://www.haciendatour.com/ if you want to have a look.

Just make sure you take the early morning tour so as to make it back to the ship on time. Also, during June they are not open on Mondays, I believe.

Happy planning!:)

Archived