My sandwhich review of the Jewel

Ok so i just got back from the jewel on sat!! i already miss it along with their beautiful private island :(

im going to write a review a short one for now with few good things, some bad things that are purely my opinion and not geared to make anyone mad, and end with more good things

1- I absolutly loved the cruise, they had so much to do during the day, the cruise director parker was so nice and hilarious, the shows were awsome and the ports of call were amazing.

2- ok so here comes some controversial things that annoyed me- i did not like the food at all. Now remember im not saying the food is bad, but for me it wasnt really my type of thing. The buffet was good although it never changed, and all the desserts that i found were sugar free :eek:. I ate alot in the blue lagoon but after awhile i just could not eat anymore wings. Here is my tip, if you dont like what they have the room service food was delicious i think after weds when we finally realized the room service was free we ordered from there the rest of the trip.

2a-Now i know your gonna say not ncl's fault and blah blah but on their private island lets say my boyfriend had a really good time with their delicious drinks that they had to offer, but what annoyed me was although he was clearly having way to much fun they keprt offering him more delicious drinks...not fun for me when im trying to make sure he doesnt drown because hes not totally there :eek:, and every time they offer him more i say no but of course hes gonna say yes...what made me mad was that it was clear he was at his "fun" limit and i just felt like they could have left him alone and stopped offering him more....i know i know its a business but like i say its just my opinion...he was having a great time though :D

2b- OMG be prepared to sanitize your hands at least a million times a day lol...this is not a bad thing persey just a little annoying but i totally understand

3- Overall it was amazing..the second city comedian group was hilarious..i would definitly take ncl again and the decor on the ship was beautiful..the staff was amazing so nice and helpful. They got us to put two deposits down for future cruises lol :D I already miss it and my nice big fat sunburn from their private island is still reminding me of all the fun we had

ps- make sure you get your tender ticket early for their private island or if you booke a shore excursion that is your tender ticket and you dont need one :D

What did and didn't you like in the various restaurants?

All your boyfriend had to say was "no thanks."

You found hand sanitizing annoying? I found it welcome.

Well i left the buffet for like 2 seconds to check something in the hallway and came back in and they had me sanitize again...now i said it was annoying but i understood why they did it

And what person do you know that is having a great time will turn down more drinks...he was having a blast and was in such a good mood that he would have never said no...me being the sober one found it to be annoying thats all because im watching and calculating all the money on the drink tab lol

Nothing in particular about the food, just wasnt geared towards my tast, however some of the food in the mdr was good, but i was dissappointed with their main menu and their changing menu. Im sure others found it to be quite appealing but if your like me and dont eat duck or escargo, or vegetarian dishes it wont appeal.

OP.. Look forward to a more detailed review and I certainly do not see anything wrong with anything you have posted. I too would have issue if I was with someone who I felt was at or past their limit of drinks and NCL kept trying to get them to buy more. To me, that creates a liability issue on NCL's part.

Sorry the food wasn't what you had hoped for. Other than the specialty restaurants on the Star last month, we were disappointed as well. It is going to be hard to beat the food and the menus in the MDR like they now have on the Dawn, JMHO.

OP.. Look forward to a more detailed review and I certainly do not see anything wrong with anything you have posted. I too would have issue if I was with someone who I felt was at or past their limit of drinks and NCL kept trying to get them to buy more. To me, that creates a liability issue on NCL's part.

Sorry the food wasn't what you had hoped for. Other than the specialty restaurants on the Star last month, we were disappointed as well. It is going to be hard to beat the food and the menus in the MDR like they now have on the Dawn, JMHO.

Thank you for seeing my viewpoint. Do not get me wrong he wasnt stumbling or acting a wreck but it was obvious he was at a point and when they asked if he wanted more i nicely said no but then they say are you sure and before i knew it he is handing over the key card....if i werent so burned and wanting to get back on the ship or if i was also drinking then maybe the situation wouldnt have been so annoying, but i dont drink and especially if it is only the two of us..i firmly believe one should always be the responsible one....

the food dissappointed me but not to the point where i would never take ncl again...we put a deposit down on two rooms lol

this was my first ncl cruise and i try not to base my vaction on the food, but the experiances i got to encounter and they were truley memorable

florida we went kayaking

GSC- parasailing

Nassau- a meet and greet with a sealion

i will never forget these experiances :D

Nothing in particular about the food, just wasnt geared towards my tast, however some of the food in the mdr was good, but i was dissappointed with their main menu and their changing menu. Im sure others found it to be quite appealing but if your like me and dont eat duck or escargo, or vegetarian dishes it wont appeal.

You did know the sirloin steak and grilled chicken along with a baked potato is available in the main dining room every day... I can't believe an American doesn't like either... You don't have to eat the European continental cuisine if you don't wish to in the main dining rooms...

You did know the sirloin steak and grilled chicken along with a baked potato is available in the main dining room every day... I can't believe an American doesn't like either... You don't have to eat the European continental cuisine if you don't wish to in the main dining rooms...

Differing tastes for different people. On the Pearl last month we were in a suite. I ate breakfast and lunch at Cagneys while my wife ate hamburgers and hot dogs in the buffet.

OP glad you had a good time. Hopefully the next one will have food more to your liking.

Thank you for seeing my viewpoint. Do not get me wrong he wasnt stumbling or acting a wreck but it was obvious he was at a point and when they asked if he wanted more i nicely said no but then they say are you sure and before i knew it he is handing over the key card....if i werent so burned and wanting to get back on the ship or if i was also drinking then maybe the situation wouldnt have been so annoying, but i dont drink and especially if it is only the two of us..i firmly believe one should always be the responsible one....

the food dissappointed me but not to the point where i would never take ncl again...we put a deposit down on two rooms lol

this was my first ncl cruise and i try not to base my vaction on the food, but the experiances i got to encounter and they were truley memorable

florida we went kayaking

GSC- parasailing

Nassau- a meet and greet with a sealion

i will never forget these experiances :D

As far as NCL and food, here are my two choices:

If you want a great buffet, you cannot beat the Pearl. It is literally the best buffets I have had on a cruise ship. The buffet itself is laid out very well.

MDR, as I said, cannot beat the Dawn. It win's hands down.

That is all just my opinion and that and a few dollars will get you a cup of coffee. 8-)

Very disappointed.

I too was hoping for a review of the NCL sandwiches.

We found the sandwiches disappointing. It may be a culture thing - the subs just didn't appeal to my British taste! Anyway, there were plenty of other thigns to have instead, so it didn't spoil our cruise!

Archived