Deck 6 D1 cabins?

We are booked for 2011 (6 of us) on Deck 6 in the hump - D1 cabins - and very lucky to get 3 adjacent cabins. However, our TA suggests we look further as Deck 6, he thinks, might be noisy.

What are your thoughts? Aren't Central Park, Boardwalk, etc on that level and won't people be walking there and not down our hallway?

Won't it be convenient for those of us who like to use the gym or the ones of us who like donuts?

I appreciate your opinion.

Thanks, pstar

We are booked for 2011 (6 of us) on Deck 6 in the hump - D1 cabins - and very lucky to get 3 adjacent cabins. However, our TA suggests we look further as Deck 6, he thinks, might be noisy.

What are your thoughts? Aren't Central Park, Boardwalk, etc on that level and won't people be walking there and not down our hallway?

Won't it be convenient for those of us who like to use the gym or the ones of us who like donuts?

Thanks, pstar

I think what he is referring to is that there is public space below you.....it's generally safe to book where there are cabins both above and below you.

Thanks, pstar

You might want to take a look at the comments made on a similar thread that I posted a while ago. We are also booked in a D1 on Deck 6. See this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1180906

Thanks, pstar

One person's(family's) opinion...

We sailed on 12/19/09 and had two D1 cabins on Deck 6(6192 & 6198). If we sailed tomorrow, we'd do everything in our power to book the same or very similarly located cabins!

There was NO common area noise and we absolutely LOVED our location!

Whether it was a quick walk to the Promenade, the Boardwalk, the theatre, etc., we were absolutely thrilled!

And in the spirit of full disclosure, when we booked the cabins, we had no clue whether we were making the right decision location-wise or not, so needless to say we felt quite lucky in the end.

In our opinion, you're in great shape, but that's just our opinion(although we've seen quite a few other folks echo these sentiments about Deck 6 D1 cabins!).

Enjoy!

Archived