Celebrity asking to prepay gratuities

Frankie Sue

I don`t have a problem with automatic gratuities, actually I prefer it as it takes away a lot of hassle. I just find it strange that it has to be "prepaid" for select dining guests. What is the difference between Select Dining guests and Traditional dinner guests? We all eat.

I like prepaying too, I find it easier and I just give extra cash to the ones I really liked.

having to pre-pay our tips doesn't bother me in the least. I actually like not having to worry about saving extra cash for last night tips like we used to. Now I only have to have cash to pay the extra I want to pay. I know I could put that on my ship board acct, but we like giving the extra cash out at the end of the cruise. Any OBC we have on a ship we always use up with booze or shopping so I love knowing my tips are paid up front. Even if we did traditional dining rather than Select I would prepay our tips. have done it ever since Royal came out with MTD and I love knowing it is taken care of before I ever go on the ship.

There is no additional fee for dining with the Select (open dining times) option. The only difference from Main Seating or Late Seating is that the gratuities are pre-paid when you reserve Select dining. We often wait until we board to change from Late seating to Select, to avoid paying the gratuities in advance (if we have quite a bit of OBC to use). Sometimes, because of waiting, we are unable to get the Select dining, as it is totally booked in advance.

Never heard the term "Club" dining on Celebrity. Is this something your travel agent has mentioned?

I, too, tried to change from traditional dining to Select Dining once I was onboard, but they wouldn't allow it. I was sailing solo, so it was just one person and they couldn't find a spot for me in Select Dining.

I, too, tried to change from traditional dining to Select Dining once I was onboard, but they wouldn't allow it. I was sailing solo, so it was just one person and they couldn't find a spot for me in Select Dining.

I guess as the minimum they have are tables for two, being solo doesnt cut the mustard with them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived