Rhodes-Faliraki Beach Hotel Excursion

Jdell

While I didn't think I would sign up for any of Celebrity's excursions, I wound up doing so for the half-day at the Faliraki Beach Hotel complex.

Does anyone have any experience with this place. No specific hotel comes up when I google it, but unlike some of the other beach excursions on the Greek Isles, this one seems to have more amenities than some of the others that I have read (where it's merely a transport to a public beach and nothing is included).

Thanks!

We grabbed a cab at the port and asked he take us to a nice hotel on Falaraiki. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the resort, but it was completely empty but very nice. We were in Rhodes on May 19 (or maybe the 20th). Water was too cold in ocean to use beach, but the beach was very rocky. And, very deserted. I know this doesn't help much, but wanted to tell you of our experience. I don't know that you need a ship shore excursion to enjoy the resorts on Rhodes.

We just got back from the East. Med. In Rhodes, we took the bus to Falilarki and it was a piece of cake. The bus goes straight there and drops you off. It was 2 euros each way and runs very frequently (I have the bus schedule somewhere), about every 20 minutes. Easy to do...

And the hotel let you use the facilities for the day? Do you recall what kind of fees you paid, the taxi fare and how long of a ride it was?

Thanks!

I haven't been to Faliraki, but what often happens on the Greek islands is that the beach loungers, etc, are owned & managed by whichever hotel or restaurant is directly behind them (at the top of the beach); or sometimes the hotels, etc, manage th beach facilities jointly. Therefore once you've paid your lounger/sunshade fee, you can use the facilities of the hotel or whatever 'behind' you.

In some cases if you also have a full meal in the relevant beach restaurant, you'll get some credit for the money you've paid for the loungers, etc.

Why do you have to go to Faleraki?

Rhodes town has excellent beaches on walking distance from the port. The western part is quite windy and excellent when the temperature is high. If not, the eastern part is calm and perfect for swimming.

Screwcork

We signed up for this excursion, (our only ship tour), as well. I did a search and found a hotel called Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel. I believe this might be the one X will take us to. I see from others' posts on this thread that it would be easy to do this type of excursion on our own, but after a few days of strenuous tours with our family of six, I just wanted something mindless in Rhodes! The price we pay for the transport to/from, as well as the loungers/umbrellas, use of the pool, and convenience of not having to wait for a bus or count on a taxi to find us a nice hotel seems well worth it to me.

We will be back before your sailing, so if you would like, I will return to this thread upon our return to fill you in on the details of this excursion.

jerander:

I agree, since this particular excursion included the loungers, is at a hotel and states there is a pool and restuarant, I thought it was a better option than some of the other excursions where they plop you on a beach w/ no chairs included and what they call a snack bar.

Please do share your experiences when you return. I am so jealous you only have 1 week to go. I feel like July 16th is eons away!

Screwcork:

I wasn't really tied to doing Faliraki, but as I mentioned above, it seemed like a more 'inclusive' beach excursion, so i thought I'd try it. Even though I am a novice cruiser, I am certain that I won't enjoy most types of ship's excursions--just don't like being herded with a big group, but this one seems harmless (let's hope).

We'll see!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from our vacation. The Faliraki beach excursion was nice and I'm glad we did it. They take you to the Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel, about a 25 min ride from the port. You get vouchers for lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach, but the umbrellas are first come first served. We only got one for five of us, but we were on the last bus to arrive (out of three). No problem getting loungers as the beach attendant will pull over as many as you need. The water was nice and calm, but a little cool for my taste (as compared to Mykonos, which was balmy water!). It is a sandy beach with hardly any rocks, but fair warning...I have never experienced such HOT sand in my life. You need to wear your shoes up to the water or risk burning your feet! Part of our entertainment that day was watching others brave the sand shoeless! There is no restaurant that I saw, only a beach bar where you could get your free drink (and buy add'l if you choose to). They did make some paninis at the bar, but very limited, I think ham and cheese was the extent of it. We didn't use the pool, but it was HUGE and looked inviting.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lauren

jerandder-

Thanks for remembering to come back with your review :). Was this excursion particularly crowded? Also, since it's listed as being around 4 hours, are you dropped back off in an area where you can explore town yet it's still close enough to walk to the ship?

Thanks again!

jerandder-

Thanks for remembering to come back with your review :). Was this excursion particularly crowded? Also, since it's listed as being around 4 hours, are you dropped back off in an area where you can explore town yet it's still close enough to walk to the ship?

Thanks again!

No problem! I am from NJ, and I would equate the area of Faliraki to one of the more family-oriented beach resort towns along the shore. Driving through the area, you see amusement parks and bowling alleys (which surprised me, somehow!) Once you are on the sand, there are plenty of people around, but it is a huge beach area, so it didn't seem crowded.

We were dropped off at around 10:45 and met the bus again at 2:10, returning to the ship by 2:45. We went back on the ship and changed, then headed back out to town, which is steps from the port. We strolled around and had a late lunch/early dinner, did some shopping, etc. There was plenty of time for both, and it made the day feel very balanced as far as resting and sightseeing. I don't know how I would have filled my day just exploring Rhodes town. It seemed pretty small to me.

Archived