Sightseeing in St. Croix - Dec 2010

Kruz Guys

Besides beaches and water-related activites, what recommendations do you have for sightseeing in St. Croix? Are there any good, reputable local tour companies / guides that you recommend? Is it safe and easy to explore on your own?

Thanks

:D

Besides beaches and water-related activites, what recommendations do you have for sightseeing in St. Croix? Are there any good, reputable local tour companies / guides that you recommend? Is it safe and easy to explore on your own?

Thanks

:D

I'm also visiting in Dec and want to see what reply you get also!

I'm also visiting in Dec and want to see what reply you get also!

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps we will all get more response the closer it gets to cruise time.

Keep logged in I guess.

Stephen & Tom

We will be in St. C. in October for about a week - not on a cruise, part business trip and part just for fun. What about sightseeing on your own or tours not related to a cruise? Should we rent a car and where do we go if we do that? I have been to the other islands in the Virgin Islands but Not to St. C. and know nothing about this island.

If you're into history there's the Whim Plantation. They have tours. Any taxi driver will get you there. If you're exploring in your own (rental) car try just driving around. It only takes about 45 min to drive from the east end (home of Point Udall-easternmost point in the US) which is very arid and desert-like (cactii and everything) to the west end (where the ship will be) which is very rain forrest-ish. In the western hills go to the Domino Club and feed the pig a beer. Always a good time. Creque dam is also located on the west end and is a nice place for nature photos. Google this stuff. Have fun and be safe!! :)

Jim

If you're into history there's the Whim Plantation. They have tours. Any taxi driver will get you there. If you're exploring in your own (rental) car try just driving around. It only takes about 45 min to drive from the east end (home of Point Udall-easternmost point in the US) which is very arid and desert-like (cactii and everything) to the west end (where the ship will be) which is very rain forrest-ish. In the western hills go to the Domino Club and feed the pig a beer. Always a good time. Creque dam is also located on the west end and is a nice place for nature photos. Google this stuff. Have fun and be safe!! :)

Jim

Thans Jim for the information. Sounds like a good place to visit!

Stephen

Domino Club is cash only. Taxi from the pier was $35 round trip. The pigs are kept in a seperate area. When the door opens they know it's time to drink. Below is my post from further down the board about our excursion

My wife and I did the Gecko ATV tour two weeks ago. It was so much fun we almost booked the next tour after ours ended. I drove and my wife rode with me. I had never been on an ATV before. They were easy to handle and we had plenty of room. This is not a tour on pavement. You go places and get views not accessable by car. And yes there were plenty of mud holes if you chose to go thru them, which we did. Helmets and goggles are provided. Very nice folks and just a great tour!!

After that, since you will probably be dirty, go to the Domino Club and have a beverage with the "Beer Drinking Pigs.":D

Did you go to the domino club with the atv tour or did you do that on your own after. We are booked with Gecko but are doin gthe full day tour (land and sea package) so, while we';d like to see the pigs, we don't have time to do much else.

• 4 weeks later...
My wife and I did the Gecko ATV tour two weeks ago.

We are booked on this for September 2010!! Was there room on the ATV to strap a small bag or backpack? I figure there must be as lots of people will be bringing cameras, water, maybe a swimsuit...

Archived