Carnival Magic Europe - suitable for kids?

mrsg26

We are hopefully booking the above cruise for our 2nd wedding anniversary next yr. MY parents have now said they would also like to cruise with us so have no one to look after our 2yr old (will be almost 4 by time we sail) whilst we are away. The itinerary is pretty packed with only 1 sea day and the places we want to visit may not be suitable for our daughter to tag along. So do we postpone this cruise in favour of a caribbean one with more beach activity or stick with this cruise but not visit the historical sites? Reading this back it sounds like i dont want my daughter to come with us but thats not the case. We have taken her to Florida, Texas and Australia all in the last year and she will be coming with us to Paris in a few weeks time. Me and OH have not had a holiday of our own (even honeymooned with family in Florida!!) since she was born so was looking to do more adult themed activities on our trip. What do u suggest? Med cruise suitable for 3 yr old or not? Thanks.

My children have travelled (Europe) extensively at all ages (now 12 & 6). Historical sites, Museums, City sightseeing. When they were younger we always had an "Ergo Baby Carrier" (don't let the word Baby confuse you, we used it until they were 4 1/2) with us in case they were tired of walking. Strollers are a pita while travelling so we usually didn't bring one along.

With your parents travelling with you, I am sure you will have the opportunity for some time alone with your husband as well.

Archived