Carnival screwup

ladyvee

Ladyvee, don't settle for that. I think the cabin location is fine.....but....If you pursue it, they will probably give you shipboard credits, along with the wine (and by the way, they pay MUCH less than $10 for most bottles). They give out bottles of wine all the time. Go for shipboard credits!

I thought that the higher up you are, the less you feel the boat. Not true?

i have been on a cruise with NCL and my cabin was on the lowest cabin deck and right in the middle of the ship and i felt nothing when we were sailing. we did hit some rough seas and i was fine.

I booked a Carnival cruise on a 2 upgrade category promotion but have only been upgraded 1 category, and it appears that they have no cabins left in the grade that I should have received. They offered a bottle of wine, but obviously that won't cut it. What should I ask them to do for me to make up for the error?

i would definatey ask for the shipboard credit on this one. we all know how quickly the accounts can add up and if they can compensate you in any way for the lack of upgrade it will probably be a big help.

On the Fantasy class ships, I like to be on the Main or Upper deck midship. Riviera is too low, narrower halls and sometimes you can feel a slight rumble when you lay down on the pillow. I stay away from Empress...a little too high which means more motion. If you really want to feel motion, walk down the hall on Veranda near the mini suites at the front of the ship. I turned down an upgrade once because of this. With Midship Main or Midship Upper you can't go wrong.

I spoke with a supervisor and was told that could upgrade on availability only. I don't have a problem with our location now that this board has confirmed that the lower the better. I will enjoy the wine!

The Fantasy is a WONDERFUL ship.. we too are thinking about booking a cruise (4 day) around March 6th :)

Have a wonderful cruise!

Of course if you tell them you don't drink, they'll figure you won't be spending nearly enough money on board, and then they might not give you the credit ;)

I personally don't drink wine but I would suggest a couple buckets of heinekens in place of the wine! :D

Archived