Princess Kids Club for 4 year old

jam82

Can anyone tell me about their experiences in Princess Kids Club in the 307 age group? How did your kids like it? Did you ever use the late night sitting? If so, what did they do during late night? Could they watch movies and sleep or was it all activities?

DDis almost 9 now but absolutely loved the Princess 3-5 group. We could never get her out of the kids club. She had a fabulous time in there.

We have never left her past 10PM so can't comment on the late night activities. We always tried to pull her at 9PM st that age to get her to bed and even now don't like to leave her beyond 10PM.

My then 3 1/2 year old son LOVED the kids club. He wanted to go there whenever he could. He was a little young for some of the activities (his coloring at the time was more scribbling), but he loved it anyway.

We didn't use the late night sitting. We let him stay up until the end of the club, but that was late enough for him and us.

I imagine that my son my might be a little young for some of the activities as well. Did they let your son participate in part of the activity or did they allow him to play with other toys while others were doing the activity?

On our recent HAL cruise, kids who were too young to participate in certain activities (3 and 4 and some 5 year olds) were made to sit on the side and not allowed an alternate activity. I understand that they are dealing with a wide range of ages, but I thought that they could have provided alternate activities like sit in the corner and play with trucks. IMHO - If they advertise kids activities for 3 year olds, then they should have activities that most 3 year olds can do. One of their activities was writing a letter to the captain. Really? I really don't think that most kids 7 and under would find that to be much fun. Maybe it's just me, but those were my feelings. Once I found out how they operated, I only sent my DS for their open play times.

It was a very poor service for more reasons than that, but that's another thread.

Thanks for your input.

I don't really know, since I wasn't there most of the time. I based my statement on the fact that the "projects" he brought back to the cabin were for kids just a little older or more advanced than he was. He seemed to have participated in all of the projects, he just didn't do them as well as if he were a little older.

They did an egg hunt (it was Easter) for paper eggs that they then colored. I stayed with him for the hunt and helped him find some, but I think the counselors would have done that if I hadn't been there. He colored the egg, but it was really just scribbles. The other kids did a much better job. Did he have fun doing it? Must have, because he kept wanting to go back.

They also made an autograph book, so that all of the kids could sign each other's book. DS brought his back to the cabin and it had no signatures. That really didn't surprise me. He wasn't really writing his name yet, so I wouldn't have thought the other kids his age would be signing other kids books. And I doubt if he really understood what it was for, anyway.

If he had been a few months older, when he was writing his name and coloring within the lines and just a little more advanced, he probably would have participated better, but I can't say for sure he had any less fun going when he did.

Archived