Return flight 1220 out of FLL, too Early?

smyemar

Hi There!

We are sailing on the Valor in Sept out of Miami and our return flight leaves out of FLL at 1220pm. Is this doable? Should I try to get a later flight? My most recent experiences have been with Disney Cruise line and we were always off the boat by 9 am. TIA:)

Do self assist debarkation and you will be off the ship by 7:45am (provided no weather or customs issues). Then you have to HURRY to FLL. Don't get one of those "private shuttles" to FLL - they WAIT about an hour until the little van is full before heading out. Pony up the money and get a cab or limo to FLL.

I returned from the Valor on Sunday and my flight out of FLL was scheduled at 12:15. We self-embarked and was let off the ship at 7:15. We were the first in line at customs. Outside of the Port of Miami at 7:25. I reserved a pick-up with SAS. I called them and he informed that the shuttle will be there in three minutes. Loaded our bags and off the FLL. We arrived at 8:10. We stood in line outside because you can't check your bags before 4 hours. By the time I got to the front of the line we had 3 1/2 hours to sit and wait.

You will be fine....

I have also been delayed out of Miami, waiting for the customs to clear the

ship and would have NEVER made a 12:00 or 1PM flight.

So if everything is ontime as planned you will make it. But if your ship or

customs are late, you miss your flight.

I would choose a little later flight myself.

I returned from the Valor on Sunday and my flight out of FLL was scheduled at 12:15. We self-embarked and was let off the ship at 7:15. We were the first in line at customs. Outside of the Port of Miami at 7:25. I reserved a pick-up with SAS. I called them and he informed that the shuttle will be there in three minutes. Loaded our bags and off the FLL. We arrived at 8:10. We stood in line outside because you can't check your bags before 4 hours. By the time I got to the front of the line we had 3 1/2 hours to sit and wait.

You will be fine....

I did almost the identical thing also booking with SAS. You call them when you get to the customs area. They certainly don't sit there for an hour and it's only $15pp.

No problems at all.

Bill

I hope not as my flight leaves at 11:30 and am doing the same thing.....

Me too! just booked a 12:25pm flight, my concern is the lines at the airport, we've never been to FLL, but the lines at MCO (Orlando) were AWFUL just to check your bags! Security was fine it was just to check luggage:eek: So I am really hoping that we make it!:D Hate to rush back home but our other options weren't all that great so we're gonna try!

Good luck to us all! lol:p

You will be fine....

We had a similar experience in Galveston with a 12:20 flight at Houston Hobby. We took our chances as Galveston sometimes has a fog issue but all was well. We were at the airport by 8:15 and had a short wait to check in ... then the long 4 hr wait for the flight.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you are worried about it check into a pier to airport transfer from Carnival, in Seattle they guaranteed that we would make a 1130 flight, we was at the Airport at 930am

Also Carnival now has what they call the Luggage Express Program, basically you are charged $20.00 for each piece of luggage by Carnival.You sign up on the ship and pay for this service)where Carnival checks you in for your flight, delivers your boarding passes to your room on the last night and takes your luggage straight to the airport. Hence, you get to go straight to security at the airport and don‘t see your bags until you get home.

Archived