Mariner - Departure flight time to Canada

Roo B

OK, my travel agent (who I have had issues with in the past) is telling me I shouldn't book a flight home before 3 p.m.

This seems really late to me. In order to book at that time, I will be paying nearly double what I would if I caught an earlier flight.

There are flights at noon and at 1:45. Are they do-able, or do I have to suck it up and spend extra cash or an extra night?

Thanks Sharkfood. It is the Westjet flight through Calgary that I am looking at. I will be transferring to Winnipeg, so it is going to be a long day.

I really don't want to fly one of the other airlines, as I will be charged for bags on top of my higher ticket price. :mad:

I think I will go ahead and book the Westjet flight.

We were on the Mariner last year and our flight was 11:45am. We had a delay on the ship due to foreign nationals not reporting to immigration and we still made it in plenty of time. I wouldn't book anything before that time though.

Our flight for our Mariner cruise this year was changed to 11:20am. I called the airline and had it changed to the next flight out which isn't until about 2pm. The 11:20am flight made me a little nervous.

Recommended time out of LAX is 1pm, but possibly to make noon flights. Wouldn't risk earlier times. You have to hope disembarkation happens on time, there's no major traffic jam on the 405 (even on the weekends any accident or construction can cause problems), and security lines move quickly at the airport.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

In the hour it took yesterday to determine if I could make the flight, it went up over $100 pp :eek: I am so annoyed! I don't even get an hour to decide!!

I am going to wait it out now and hope that the 1:45 flight drops in price again. I think booking a noon departure is going to make me too nervous.

Yes that is true, we are to be in the LA Airport at 3 45 pm so we know we will be ok. Was told try not to schedule flights before noon just incase ship arrive late at the dock. We leave from LA to fly back to Milwaukee Wi I know for the fact alot peopele who lives out east will fly home on Monday August 23. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
We flew Westjet last year and the departure time was 1:50pm, we arrived at the airport at 10:00am. The noon flight might be cutting it close, as you do have to be at the airport 2 hours in advance.

Mr. Sharkfood - I don't know if you will even see this note but I saw where a couple of years ago you talked about being in the RFS on Mariner and we have booked it for Thanksgiving and I would really LOVE to see some photos of that suite. If you happen to see this and can oblige. My email addy is techsearch@msn.com.

Sorry to interrupt this thread with this request but didn't know how to connect with this cruiser otherwise. THANK YOU!

Archived