Hotels near Ft.Lauderdale

Sunshine101

We also like the Embassy Suites. Great suites, free manager's reception and great buffet breakfast with loads of choices. The van was waiting for us at our requested time in the late morning and we were on the ship in no time at all. Definitely worth the extra $$$ in my opinion.

What time is the Managers Reception and what do they have at it? Thanks, I was wondering if we'd get in early enough to take advantage of it????

We also like the Embassy Suites. Great suites, free manager's reception and great buffet breakfast with loads of choices. The van was waiting for us at our requested time in the late morning and we were on the ship in no time at all. Definitely worth the extra $$$ in my opinion.

The rate at the Embassy for the two nights we need it are $319.99 a night versus $125 for the Homewood Suites. The difference more than pays for the rental car. Plus--we will miss the manager's reception both nights as we get in too late for the first night and the second we will be out with relatives.

For $159 someone else quoted, we would be there!

Karinad - I forget if it started at 7pm or 8 pm but much to my surprise it included all spirits. I thought it may just be some cocktail type mixes but it wasn't. I'm a G&T drinker and I also thought they may use a cheaper "house" gin, but no, it was Beefeaters and my husband's scotch was a brand name as well.

Maybe somebody else may be able to confirm the time frame.

What time is the Managers Reception and what do they have at it? Thanks, I was wondering if we'd get in early enough to take advantage of it????

Manager Reception is from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. They can make anything you wish for cocktails and there's wine & beer as well. We've always been able to get whatever drink we have requested and they aren't watered down either. :D Drinks are free but we always tip a $1.00 a drink and nibbles are offered too.

Enjoy!

Pat :)

The rate at the Embassy for the two nights we need it are $319.99 a night versus $125 for the Homewood Suites. The difference more than pays for the rental car. Plus--we will miss the manager's reception both nights as we get in too late for the first night and the second we will be out with relatives.

For $159 someone else quoted, we would be there!

Wow, I just checked with my Hilton Honors and WOW. Must be something going on in FLL besides cruising:eek: Try the Hyatt Place North but I would plan to take a cab to the ship. Both hotels are near the Outback also.:)

For those Hilton Honors folks I also can recommend The Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation. Free evening Managers Reception, free breakfast, free transportation to/from Port & airport. If you need to park a car it costs $25 regardless of length of time. There are resturants nearby and it is located right across the street from the Broward Mall. We've stayed there for several years and the staff is great.

I also stayed at the La Quinta in Hollywood prior to my last cruise in April. The room was nice, the breakfast was good, the shuttle was free and fast and my car stayed for free for the entire length of the cruise. There are lots of shops and a few restaurants within a short distance. I plan on staying there when I take my next cruise.

Last yr. we stayed at the Sheraton FLL. Shuttle service was prompt from the airport. We did have to get a taxi to the cruiseport, but it was no problem. I booked the room with SPG points and we were upgraded to an Executive room. If it wasn't the weekend, there would've been some perks.

We've found the Embassy Suites to be very hit and miss in service and have decided not to return after a very disappointing stay during our pre Christmas cruise. The Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six is a great location and the pool is awesome, however some of the rooms are in need of renovation. Another great hotel but a little further from the pier is the Pelican Grand Beach Resort. This hotel is right on the ocean and the rooms are all suites. Great if you have kids. Pool is a little small but very nice. We decided to try something totally different this time and are going to stay at Pillars Boutique hotel on the intracoastal waterway. The water taxi stops right at this hotel. Has anyone stayed there? Very highly rated; so we'll give it a try :) http://www.pillarshotel.com/slh.asp There are so many hotels in the area to chose from - Good Luck. Hope I haven't confused you!! :eek:

I also stayed at the La Quinta in Hollywood prior to my last cruise in April. The room was nice, the breakfast was good, the shuttle was free and fast and my car stayed for free for the entire length of the cruise. There are lots of shops and a few restaurants within a short distance. I plan on staying there when I take my next cruise.

That is good to hear. I have reservations for December pre-cruise. I plan on leaving my car there.

IF you've got Starwood points (Westin, sheraton) I recommend the W on the beach. rooms and pool fantastic, easy walking to many restaurants and bars, directly across the street from beach, all rooms have balconies. You can clearly see the port too from the south side. Best thing is "Wheels" they will drive you anywhere within 5 miles for free in their acura mdx - including the port. We did this last time and it was awesome. I'm sure they'd stop at wines n more, publix, walgreen's or anywhere else you wanted on the way.

We love this hotel. Convenient to everything. It is the only 4* in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale on PL- we got it for $70 for Sept. 18.

Last time I checked biddingfortravel.com the Hilton Marina, just down the street, is also a 4 star but most are getting the Ren. $70 is a good price, what time of year? I need something for Nov 6, 2010

Try the Bahia Mar...great location

I have stayed there several times, right across from the beach, within walking distance of the swimming hall of fame. Nice location if you do not drive. Near the water ferry. Within walking distance of several hotels. If I remember correctly, you have to pay for transportation to/from airport & to/from cruiseport.

What hotel would anyone recommend if your flight gets in around 4PM and you'll probably get to the hotel around 5, so you have the whole night? We don't want to get a cab and go somewhere, but maybe just enjoy the hotel, some entertainment, shopping, drinks, and the pleasant atmosphere of the hotel. I would imagine that some hotels are just quiet. I even found the Sheraton Fll like that. Yes, there were people walking around the lobby and there was a bar in the lobby, but very dead. There was no excitement of that vacation atmosphere. I guess a generic hotel is fine when you get in on a late flight, go to bed, get up and go to the ship, but when you have the whole night ahead of you, you want a little more.

Our post-flight cruise doesn't leave FLL until 9pm, and I wanted to try to make it another day of vacation rather than sit in the airport.

Most important was something to do with our luggage (this was a MUST). 2nd was access to a nice pool/beach and potential food options. Finally a shower before we left would only sweeten the deal.

I struck out with Marriott's Harbor Beach Resort (though they do offer use of the facilities including locker rooms in the spa for $75/person as long as you ALSO have reservations with them for dinner, but they couldnt tell me what I could do with my luggage) and Hyatt Regency Pier 66.

Here's what I DID find:

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina (formerly Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club) (1881 S.E. 17th St., Fort Lauderdale; 888-554-2131): has a day rate which they claim is half of their published overnight rate. For $99 we have a king sized room from 8a-8p with full use of the hotel. Online, I could have booked the room overnight for $139 on some sort of super special, but given the fact that the day reservation will allow us access to our room as soon as we arrive, I have no arguments.

Obviously, if the hotel is booked full, you'll have a hard time doing this, but for Monday June 28, 2010 this works perfectly.

Archived