lauderdale resort with free airport shuttle?

firstimer2

We are staying one night after our cruise in July. Do any of the beach resorts or 4 star hotels have a free airport shuttle?

Thanks. I know there are a million answers on this board, I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Any help is appreciated!

I am going to say no. However to make sure of your specific hotel, check their website. Just can't think of any.

All the hotels that I know of that offer shuttles are downtown or even closer to the airport.

If you want the beach area, the cab will run you $15-20 to the airport. Not bad.

Thank you for your reply. I jumped the gun and booked through priceline. I requested 4 star on the beach on got il Lugano. Now I guess we will get socked with a big taxi fare both from the port and to the airport ..... I'm not too happy.

Any thoughts?

Sorry you are not pleased with Il Lugano 'win' on Priceline. I have learned the hard way that I have to take a good look at all hotels that could come up in a PL or Hotwire zone and make sure I can live with any of them. Il Lugano is quite out of the way and will add to your transportation hassles/costs.

The Ft.L area really isn't that big, so be glad the port and airport are not an hour or more away from your hotel. Cabs will be manageable and hopefully you got a great deal.;)

I don't use PL if there is even one hotel in a particular star rating or area that I would be unhappy with. My luck I'd get the one I wouldn't want.

FYI I just read a recent review which states cab is approx $30 from the airport. Figure that's about $10-12 more than a different location. But you are getting a very nice price I presume.

I got the il Lugano for $80, but with taxes and fees it is $97, which is probably what I could have gotten it for with my AAA discount. Live and learn I guess. We will try and have fun with the water taxis and tour around.

Thanks for the replies.

I got the il Lugano for $80, but with taxes and fees it is $97, which is probably what I could have gotten it for with my AAA discount. Live and learn I guess. We will try and have fun with the water taxis and tour around.

Thanks for the replies.

The Il Lugano is a great property and tends to review very well.

You are getting a suite at a high end 4 star resort in a nice part of Fort Lauderdale right near the beach for $80/night plus tax and you are 'not pleased', but price up rooms at somewhere like the Marriott Harbour Beach Resort instead (something I'm guessing something you would have been more happy with) and you'll find they're $200/night+

Even the other resorts like the Sheraton are $140+ night, so not quite double, but getting up there...

FWIW, the AAA rate at Il Lugano is $107 plus tax, so your savings will almost pay for your cab fare there. :)

And as others have said, this is the problem of using Priceline if you want to try and get only specific resorts.

Thanks for your replies.

I am happier now that I have read the reviews on il Lugano. I didn't realize that is it only 6 miles from the port! It looks so much further on a map! I spoke to the concierge there and they sounded very nice. She said a cab could run 27-40 dollars. Long Beach to LAX was lots more for last year's cruise. :)

Archived