New DP perk-any first hand accounts yet??(BOGO speciality restaurant)

PH8

I just returned from the Majesty this morning and we received the new diamond plus coupon books. The BOGO free specialty coupon is the first one in the book. The coupon does say that only one guest needs to be a Diamond Plus member.

Thank you,thank you! :D

First hand information..........now we know the answer.:p

How about using it for Johnny Rockets?

This is part of the email I got from the LA....

it is a coupon

to be used in the specialty restaurant. (Chops, Portofinos, and on Oasis

class -incl. 150 Central Park, Giovanni's Table and Solarium Bistro )

We tried to use the coffee coupon at Latitudes, but the diamond plus coupons only work in the specialty restaraunts.:( They showed us a sample of a coupon that looked like it was from the platinum book that specifically said Seattles Best for use at Latitudes so some of the levels may still have them.

We tried to use the coffee coupon at Latitudes, but the diamond plus coupons only work in the specialty restaraunts.:( They showed us a sample of a coupon that looked like it was from the platinum book that specifically said Seattles Best for use at Latitudes so some of the levels may still have them.

REALLY????????? well, thats sucks.....:mad:

REALLY????????? well, thats sucks.....:mad:

I'll second that comment. :mad:

That definitely sucks:mad: I can't believe they'd do that. It's one of my favorite things to indulge in. Oh well I can just get some in the CL but Latitudes has flavors and free snacks.:(

I am sure the coupon will work on the ships that have specialty restaurants, but the Majesty only has Johnny Rockets and they wouldn't accept the coupon at Lattitudes. We did enjoy the specialty coffees in the dining room in the mornings with breakfast. It was really nice to sit down to a full hot breakfast and enjoy a latte with it! Also as this was the first time in quite awhile that I have been on a ship without a concierge lounge, the nightly diamond/diamond plus event in the Viking Crown lounge was a welcome addition. They reserve the best seating in the front of the lounge for the event and it was wonderful sipping champagne and watching us leave the Port of Miami! It was also a nice touch having the reserved seating for the shows. You might not be in the front row, but not having to arrive extra early to get a good seat was wonderful.

I am sure the coupon will work on the ships that have specialty restaurants, but the Majesty only has Johnny Rockets and they wouldn't accept the coupon at Lattitudes. We did enjoy the specialty coffees in the dining room in the mornings with breakfast. It was really nice to sit down to a full hot breakfast and enjoy a latte with it! Also as this was the first time in quite awhile that I have been on a ship without a concierge lounge, the nightly diamond/diamond plus event in the Viking Crown lounge was a welcome addition. They reserve the best seating in the front of the lounge for the event and it was wonderful sipping champagne and watching us leave the Port of Miami! It was also a nice touch having the reserved seating for the shows. You might not be in the front row, but not having to arrive extra early to get a good seat was wonderful.

I have to add a %100 agree with all of the above.

We did the 5 B2Bs and the Majesty was great.

Woody

I just returned from the Majesty this morning and we received the new diamond plus coupon books. The BOGO free specialty coupon is the first one in the book. The coupon does say that only one guest needs to be a Diamond Plus member.

and did it say First night of the cruise??:confused:

Yes, the coupon reads: Specialty Restaurant First Night - Buy One Get One Free. "Purchase one cover charge in a specialty restaurant for the first night of your cruise and we'll waive a second cover charge." (Subject to availability and valid to dine only on the first night of the cruise.)

Yes, the coupon reads: Specialty Restaurant First Night - Buy One Get One Free. "Purchase one cover charge in a specialty restaurant for the first night of your cruise and we'll waive a second cover charge." (Subject to availability and valid to dine only on the first night of the cruise.)

Oh how I hope those three little words don't cause a mutiny on some ship!:eek::D

Sorry to extend this thread to internet benefit but is the free 45 minutes per cabin or would it be 90 minutes for myself and dh. ty

May I suggest that when you go to use your coupons, that the one person that will be using their SeaPass Card to swipe when using the internet on the ship, fill out the coupons with their folio number.

You and DH will have different folio numbers (different by one number) but it makes a difference when GR applies the coupon. You want to make sure it is applied to the folio number of the person that will be using the internet the most............otherwise, you will be charged for internet time.

Archived