Things to do in Clearwater?

cjmbcruiser

Hello,

My husband and I are going on a Carnival Cruise out of Tampa but staying in a vacation rental in Clearwater for 4 days prior to our cruise. There are cheaper rentals in Indian Shores but I've heard there is way more to do in Clearwater. Thoughts? Anyone have suggestions on great restaurants, bars or attractions we should do?

Also, any suggestions on the cheapest way to get to our port from Clearwater? Cab, public transit, etc?

Thank you so much!

Hello,

My husband and I are going on a Carnival Cruise out of Tampa but staying in a vacation rental in Clearwater for 4 days prior to our cruise. There are cheaper rentals in Indian Shores but I've heard there is way more to do in Clearwater. Thoughts? Anyone have suggestions on great restaurants, bars or attractions we should do?

Also, any suggestions on the cheapest way to get to our port from Clearwater? Cab, public transit, etc?

Thank you so much!

Will you have a rental car while you are staying in Clearwater?

Also, A cab to the port will be costly. If it were me, I would call SuperShuttle. They are a well established, reputable shuttle company in the Tampa Bay area. They pick up at hotels, condos etc.. and will take you to the port. Their web address is www.supershuttle.com

There are many nice restaurants in the area. One of our favorite is the Wine Cellar on Redington Beach. ( not very far)http://www.thewinecellar.com We also enjoy spending the day on John's Pass Boardwalk. ( just a few miles drive down the beach) plenty of restaurants, shops and a pirate cruise, dolphin watch cruise (our fav) an fishing excursions. http://www.johnspass.com We love spending the day out here. Also, the St.Pete Pier offers and aquarium, restaurants, shops, dolphin watch boat rides and water and bike rentals. www.stpete-pier.com We love going to the pier. Try Cha-Cha Coconuts at the very top. Great sunsets and water views and the very best Black bean nachos and frozen drinks around.

PS: If you have a rental car, I would have chose Indian Rocks over Clearwater. MUCH less crowded, but this is just my opinion.

Good luck and have a great cruise. Cari

Thank you Cari! Appreciate the help. I don't think we'll be renting a car since I've found we can take the beach trolley to St Johns Pass and St Pete's beach for $1.75 a person.

I'll definitely look in to SuperShuttle.

Thanks!

Hmmm....

If you want to stay in Clearwater:

Clearwater Marine Aquarium http://www.seewinter.com/

Pier 60 http://www.sunsetsatpier60.com/index.html

Lots more to do if your willing to travel to St Petersburg and Tampa.

St Pete:

Florida Holocaust Museum

Salvador Dali Museum

Tampa:

Adventure Island

Bush Gardens

The Florida Aquarium

Lorwy Park Zoo

Museum of Science and Industry

Ft Desoto is great too. When we go to St Pete to visit friends that's the only place our kids like to go.There is also have a ferry that will take you out to an island with another fort and lots of turtles just cruiseing around (Edmont Key not really sure of name) but neat island.We always go to Gigis pizza at least 2 or 3 times. This is all farther down on Gulf BLvd but a good time.And there is a restaraunt called Billy's that has a free boat ride at sunset .They take you around and tell you about the area and show you some famous peoples houses.Just some suggestions .Hope it helps

Archived