Advice on Stingray tours!

erpride

Our ship arrives at 9:00, we would like to do a tour asap upon arrival. Does anybody know the various tour operator's schedules? I figure 10:30 is probably the earliest we can schedule a tour. All tours seem pretty similar, but we would like to do a shorter 2-3 hour tour. Thanks in advance!

Our ship arrives at 9:00, we would like to do a tour asap upon arrival. Does anybody know the various tour operator's schedules? I figure 10:30 is probably the earliest we can schedule a tour. All tours seem pretty similar, but we would like to do a shorter 2-3 hour tour. Thanks in advance!

I personally prefer Moby Dick Tours. Mark is friendly and very informative. I know that he mentioned a morning tour, but I'm not sure of the details. I probably wouldn't consider a morning tour for myself, which is good since my ship usually arrives around noon anyway.

It's a fantastic tour, and I think everyone should do it at least once. I've done it once and have booked for April already and will most likely book for December too.

No matter who you go with, have a great time!

LES!

erpride,

We went on a tour with soto's last week. It was great, lots of individual attention. There was one problem. I could not figure out the time schedule. I was on the Carnival Conquest and we got into port at 7:00. Our ship left NewOrleans which is central standard time, but Grand Cayman is Eastern Standard Time but with no Daylight Savings time. We booked our tour for 9:30 and they wanted to meet us at 8:30. I racked my brain trying to figure out the time schedule. I finally concluded that we would be an hour ahead and needed to get off the boat right away. I was wrong we sat there for an hour because our ship time had changed the day before and I hadn't considered that, so we were on the same time as them. I will know next time.

Anyway it was a great tour and the highlight of our trip. They have a 9:30 and and an afternoon tour. We opted for the earliest to give us some time for shopping.

indiaksue- So does the Carnival Conquest change the time to match Grand Cayman time? We will be going after Daylight savings time in April, so I think that GC will actually be on Central time then anyway?? Not really sure about that. Also, in Jamaica, does the ship turn the clocks to match their time? I know they are an hour ahead of us too:D Thanks for the info!

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/2005

Sensation 2/2003

Why would they want you to meet them an hour before the excursion time? Did you leave right at 8:30, or sit around waiting for others until 9:30?

When I went with Soto's last November, it was similar. They need to transport the passengers from the dock to the boat dock. At the boat dock, you pay for your trip, sign the waiver, and get fitted for snorkel equipment (kept in lockers onshore). How long this really takes depends on how many people go.

As it runs out, we did wait for quite a while for a few passengers from another ship, so we didn't pull away from the dock until 9:30am. However, Soto's doesn't troll the dock looking for passengers, so I imagine the sooner everyone shows up, the sooner they leave.

Having extra time allows you to make sure you are happy with the way the equipment fits and/or exchange. Since I bring my own, I used the extra time to walk around surveying the hurricane damage in the area.

Sunnymom-I can't tell you how much time I spent banging my head against my computer desk trying to figure out the time. If you are going after daylight savings time, you might wait and post before your cruise and see if anyone can tell you about the time then.

They were actually a few minutes late to pick us up because of another stop, but it did take about 10 minutes to get to the boat and then some time to get your equipment and pay and sign stuff.

We are leaving on April 3rd (sunday) and daylight savings time is April 2nd. I have email different companies down there and some say thay observe daylight saving time and some say that they didn't and would be on centeral time then:confused: Who know I guess. I think either way, we will book a tour kind of in the middle of the time that we are there so we can get on and off the ship with no problems:)

Sunnymom02

When I was on the Conquest last November (not DST), the ship's time was ALWAYS changed to match local time. I doubt it is any different for daylight savings time.

If you go to the Port of Grand Cayman website, you can see the times the ship arrived in port and it doesn't change with daylight savings time.

http://www.caymanport.com/schedule.htm

Use the search by vessel name and input Conquest for all of last year.

Archived