Carnival Freedom-Panama

charita

Hi everyone. A friend and I are looking into doing the July 31st sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. Has anyone been on this ship? How are these destinations? How is the crowd? We are 2 single girls in our mid 30s looking for sun and some fun at night. We have sailed before so we know what to expect as far as cruising. Any othe info you can give would be great, thanks in advance for your help! :)

We have a group of 13 going on the July 31st cruise and there is also a group link under Cruise Critic Member cruises with a bunch of people who are going also. You may want to take a look at it and see what they have planned for each port.

I would highly recommend the Embera Indian Villiage tour with myfriendmario or another reputable tour company. It was a great experience. Some Embera meet you on the banks of the Chagres river and take you on a 20 + minute canoe ride to the villiage. You are welcomed with tribal music, they prepare tilapia and fried plantains in a banana leaf (yummy) and you learn about their culture and they have beautiful crafts to purchase.

Panama was better than I had thought it would be. We also went to see the Gatun locks.

This cruise is not a beachy cruise. Your only beach is Cozumel. We went to Cozumel, Costa Rica, and Panama.

There were landslides so we missed most of Costa Rica. I DO NOT RECOMMEND going into the town here. It is very dangerous. There were huge guards at the door to the bank.

Panama was gorgeous inland, but the town of Colon was very very poor. I found Portobello a wonderful little village, but we saw the raw sewage going into the little canals. It was very historical town in many ways.

If you want a beach cruise, go eastern or southern. That's just my opinion.

While we LOVED the Freedom, I would not go this route again.

This cruise is not a beachy cruise. Your only beach is Cozumel. We went to Cozumel, Costa Rica, and Panama.

There were landslides so we missed most of Costa Rica. I DO NOT RECOMMEND going into the town here. It is very dangerous. There were huge guards at the door to the bank.

Panama was gorgeous inland, but the town of Colon was very very poor. I found Portobello a wonderful little village, but we saw the raw sewage going into the little canals. It was very historical town in many ways.

While we LOVED the Freedom, I would not go this route again.

Hi Is panama an island ? I though it was part of south america, i didn't know that panama was an island

I agree here highly, this port is definitely an excursion port.

I would highly recommend the Embera Indian Villiage tour with myfriendmario or another reputable tour company. It was a great experience. Some Embera meet you on the banks of the Chagres river and take you on a 20 + minute canoe ride to the villiage. You are welcomed with tribal music, they prepare tilapia and fried plantains in a banana leaf (yummy) and you learn about their culture and they have beautiful crafts to purchase.

Panama was better than I had thought it would be. We also went to see the Gatun locks.

We took the tour to the indian village with mario and enjoyed it.

However the Indians were the most unhappy people we have ever met.

The govt forced them off the land and put them someplace where they have to do a dog and pony show to earn a living. They were farmers and not allowed to farm where the govt put them.

We took the tour to the indian village with mario and enjoyed it.

However the Indians were the most unhappy people we have ever met.

The govt forced them off the land and put them someplace where they have to do a dog and pony show to earn a living. They were farmers and not allowed to farm where the govt put them.

Sounds like our history here in the states :(

Archived