Progreso resorts for the day

Leaving Monday on the Triumph out of New Orleans. Can Anyone give me some info on resorts in Progreso,with activities, where you can spend the day. Have children ages 7 to 14. Any info will help. Thanks in advance

Leaving Monday on the Triumph out of New Orleans. Can Anyone give me some info on resorts in Progreso,with activities, where you can spend the day. Have children ages 7 to 14. Any info will help. Thanks in advance

Not much to do in Progresso, but I will tell you that if you go into town on the free shuttle and walk down to the beach they have an area much like Venice Beach in Cali with all kinds of vendors and people will come up to you to sell you messages. Do this - It was awesome and very relaxing. Message under a tent was about 30 bucks for almost an hour. So beautiful in that beach setting.

I disagree with sd in that there are many options for your day. There are a couple of all-inclusives that you can book at the pier, major and more modest Mayan ruins, a large, modern and sophisticated city which retains it's Spanish colonial style and of course the beach at Progreso with many really good restaurants along the Malecon. Fish and seafood as fresh as you'll ever eat. Also checkout http://www.yucatantoday.com, an excellent visitor's guide.

Archived