British attitude!

IM THE SAME BEEN IN HOTELS IN MALDOVA,BELARUS,LITHUANIA,UKRAINE,ROMANIA,LATVIA and even blackpool,that come up trumps better than the SCREAM:cool:.

if you think having industrial dryers over each floor is ok then fine,

they are there for a reason which no one answers.

until you go on it(the scream) you will have problems its how you cope with them!! mine was the stinking toilets,they couldnt even put the cheap urinal disinfectant which you get in the pubs to take atleast some of the smell away:eek:

Thanks BINGONED, at least one other person agrees with me!

Futher to all the recent comments on carpets on the Dream

I fIt carpets for a living with no smells or stains but sea salt is damaging:)

Stevie

Hi Stevie, I am so glad your carpets don't smell, but you may be able to tell me, is sea salt brown?

I know when i was at sea, the sea air made my clothes shrink!

Perhaps we are not all cruise snobs? Some of us prefer the character of a Thomson's cruise over the soulless "luxury" offered by the so called up market cruise lines. Or perhaps we are not so shallow as to let a few stains on the carpet or occasional bad smells ruin our holidays. Sadly we live in an age where people look for every excuse to claim compensation and one wonders how much this is a factor in people's reviews of the Dream.

If my holiday is genuineley ruined, I will be seeking redress from Thomson's, make no mistake. But there have been enough people saying that they enjoyed their cruise on the Dream, minor niggles notwithstanding, to make me think that things are perhaps now not so bad as some people are making out.

Why do you believe that someone who chooses "luxury" cruising over Thomson is a cruise snob? Insulting and patronising in the extreme.

What luxury cruising have you been on?

I look at value when choosing my cruise holiday, and, as an example I am cruising Med in November for 10 nights for under £700pp (inclusing flights and trasnfers) with on board spend. Now as far as I am concerned my selection has nothing to do with anything else other than the value I believe I will get.

As for "soulless" having cruised Ocean Village, Thomson, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, MSC among others I can unofficially confirm that you are talking out of your hat. The Royal Caribbean cruise I took last year out of Los Angeles had the best atmosphere I have ever expereinced on a cruise, closely followed by the OV cruise in 2006.

I guess the point I am making is that I feel you are talking either from perception, or if not from extremely limited expereince.

A cruise is as good as its staff, its guests and its food and it does not really matterwho the carrier actually is.

I guess the point I am making is that I feel you are talking either from perception, or if not from extremely limited expereince.

I confess I am talking from limited experience, but with feedback from people who have been on other cruise lines. If you have enjoyed other ships then good for you. Whilst tied to school holidays I have always found Thomson's to offer the best value but perhaps when I can make more flexible arrangements, that will change.

Sadly I have met one or two "cruise snobs" on my travels, who turn their noses up as soon as you mention Thomson's. I would suggest that their experience is as limited as mine.

I confess I am talking from limited experience, but with feedback from people who have been on other cruise lines. If you have enjoyed other ships then good for you. Whilst tied to school holidays I have always found Thomson's to offer the best value but perhaps when I can make more flexible arrangements, that will change.

Sadly I have met one or two "cruise snobs" on my travels, who turn their noses up as soon as you mention Thomson's. I would suggest that their experience is as limited as mine.

Yes, you are right, there are many cruise snobs.............. unfortunately quite a few of them are on Cruise Critic, and I would concede that they are more likely to exist on the "higher end" cruise companies, however where I think your perception is perhaps misguided (and genuinely, forgive me if I am wrong), is that you think due to constraints of school holidays you are limited to Thomsons/Island etc.

Well it simply isn't true. To give you a simple example, last year my wife and I went on a five night cruise on RCI on the Vision of the Seas with Royal Caribbean to the Fjords. Cost was £415 per person. It was mid/end August and we booked it in the June/July.

I am not knocking Thomsons, they are a superb intro into the world of cruising, but I just do not believe that they offer a viable and quality option if people, having cruised with Thomson are sold on the concept of cruising. Both from the itinerary perspective, and also from the cost angle it's a big wide world out there.

however where I think your perception is perhaps misguided (and genuinely, forgive me if I am wrong), is that you think due to constraints of school holidays you are limited to Thomsons/Island etc.

Well it simply isn't true. To give you a simple example, last year my wife and I went on a five night cruise on RCI on the Vision of the Seas with Royal Caribbean to the Fjords. Cost was £415 per person. It was mid/end August and we booked it in the June/July.

You are perhaps right but I always like to book my holidays well in advance and always do my research first. What has always made Thomson's a relatively cheap choice is their policy of maintaining child prices for those aged 16 and under. Thus I am paying a little under £400 for my 16 year old son this year. Next year, this won't apply so will be looking at other companies in a little more detail.

Archived