Cost to rent snokel equipment

clover4

(or the price of the snoRkel equipment - hate when I spell stuff wrong - won't let me edit the question portion!)

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to rent the equipment? If we bring a mask for example can you rent just the fins? We will be in Cozumel but I imagine the prices are similar at most ports of call.

I believe it was $19 on our stops in the Bahamas and Grand Turk. I do not think they rented equipment separately but I could be wrong. You could buy a snorkel on board for $5. I know some people do not like to use snorkels that have been in other peoples' mouths!

I looked at buying sets at Walmart before we left and decided against it. It was still $30 for the snorkel and mask, no fins, and you had the hassle of carrying them. I thought renting was a better option but we ended up not doing that either!

We have our own masks and snorkels but not the fins or vest. We always rent those. Prices vary, but usually it's about $10 for just the fins and vest. Depending on the area, you might not even need the fins and vest.

(or the price of the snoRkel equipment - hate when I spell stuff wrong - won't let me edit the question portion!)

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to rent the equipment? If we bring a mask for example can you rent just the fins? We will be in Cozumel but I imagine the prices are similar at most ports of call.

There are some very reasonable all inclusive resorts in Coz that you can get a package deal on snorkeling. I just booked a package for $39.00 pp that includes all day mask, snorkel, fins, vest, a 45 min guided reef tour, lunch and open bar. I am not sure if posting the name here is allowed, but go to the Ports of Call page for Cozumel and there are many recommendations there.

We only rent the fins because I will not use a used mouth piece. I have seen them clean them and no way. However, I guess you could say the same thing about silverware and drinking glasses.

There are some very reasonable all inclusive resorts in Coz that you can get a package deal on snorkeling. I just booked a package for $39.00 pp that includes all day mask, snorkel, fins, vest, a 45 min guided reef tour, lunch and open bar. I am not sure if posting the name here is allowed, but go to the Ports of Call page for Cozumel and there are many recommendations there.

Part of my problem with these all inclusive deals is that our ship does not dock until 1pm and most of the beaches attractions close at 5. With four of us at $39 it seems like a lot of money for a couple of hours at best. I'm having the same problem with even choosing a beach to go to as I hesitate to pay an entrance fee for just a couple of hours.

Is is possible to rent 2 sets of equipment and then we can trade off and on?

Archived