Caribbean cruises with port stop daily no at sea days

Minge

I am starting my search for a February 2011 one week caribean cruise. I am in search of a cruise that stops every day at a port. I am not a fan of days at sea. Anyone have suggestions and knowledge of ships that have a port stop daily for every day of the trip?

Destination port and ports of call do not matter much..

Thanks everyone.

I am starting my search for a February 2011 one week caribean cruise. I am in search of a cruise that stops every day at a port. I am not a fan of days at sea. Anyone have suggestions and knowledge of ships that have a port stop daily for every day of the trip?

Thanks everyone.

Hi,

I haven't checked this out recently but cruises that leave out of San Juan usually have more port stops & no sea days. At least it's somewhere to start.

Happy Sailings.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

I don't know of any that have NO sea days, but most 7 day Southern Caribbean routes that leave from San Juan only have 1 sea day. I've been looking at Serenade of the Seas for next summer.

Two years ago, we took a wonderful cruise on Caribbean Princess from NY to Canada and New England which only had one sea day but that would not be offered in February.

Thanks everyone.

Check Carnival Victory out of San Juan.

Thanks everyone.

The Carnival Victory 7 days leaves out of San Juan and has no sea days visiting 6 ports, St. Thomas,St.Lucia,St.Kitts,Barbados,Dominica and St.Maarten, I am doing this itinerary in Sept.

I am sorry I should have said I have been concentrating on cruises that leave from San Juan as I know they have fewer stops typically. If you have specific ships that you know don't have at sea days like the Carnival ship that is a huge help!!

Thanks!

Thanks everyone.

I know Norwegian Sky and RCI majestic of the Seas do these.

Thanks everyone.

Our trip on the Ruby Princess in the Eastern Med last summer was 11 ports in 12 days. The most port intensive trip we've done. It was exhausting but a lot of fun...

I am sorry I should have said I have been concentrating on cruises that leave from San Juan as I know they have fewer stops typically. If you have specific ships that you know don't have at sea days like the Carnival ship that is a huge help!!

Thanks!

Minge, usually the San Juan cruses only have like one sea day, and if it is toward the end of the cruise, you may appreciate it. Lots do sea days can be exhausting if the cruise is 7 days or longer.

I have to second everyone else's nomination, Carnival Victory out of San Juan!!

One of the BEST cruises we have ever taken, we liked it so much we are doing it again this year!:D

Seven days out of a great port with NONE of the HATED Sea Days!!!

Seven wonderful ports!!

Woo Hoo!!

I can't wait!!

Can you tell I'm excited?

We have cruised out of San Juan 3 times on Carnival & once on Princess. Carnival is our favorite and after our 2/5/2011 cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, we plan to book another out of San Juan for the very same reason that we like to be in port every day!

I am on Carnival Victory in October for this very reason. I abhore sea days!

I'm with you! I do not care for sea days at all. I've sailed the southern Caribbean itinerary with Carnival four times and I hope to do it again. While I've loved all my cruises, this itinerary is by far my favorite.

I don't think either one does a one week, port intensive cruise.

Don't both specialize in three and four day cruises?:confused:

Yes-they do the mini cruises-but there are no sea days. On an older ship that is not so great I prefer no sea days- on a newer ship I like sea days.

Yes-they do the mini cruises-but there are no sea days. On an older ship that is not so great I prefer no sea days- on a newer ship I like sea days.

The OP specifically asked in her original post that it be a week long cruise:)

The OP specifically asked in her original post that it be a week long cruise:)

I realize that- I was just adding info for them as they specifically said they did not care for sea days. Is there anything wrong with that? after all-who knows-they may want to take a shorter cruise sometime. I know we are-in 2 weeks-even though in January we took a 10 day partial Panama canal cruise. My husband I prefer longer cruises, but we take shorter cruises that fit with our daughter's schedule as she works in the school system-and shorter cruises are more affordable when she can go-since the longer cruises are sky high when the kids are out of school.

I have a question for everyone who said they hated the "at sea" days. Why do a lot of people hate the "at sea" days? Right now, my husband and I are trying to choose between: the Carnival Victory out of San Juan and the Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas also out of San Juan. One big difference is RC has one "at sea" day and Carnival has none. My husband wants no at sea days, but I think I may prefer the one day. I can't decide though, so maybe hearing your reasons, would help me!! :D

I have a question for everyone who said they hated the "at sea" days. Why do a lot of people hate the "at sea" days? Right now, my husband and I are trying to choose between: the Carnival Victory out of San Juan and the Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas also out of San Juan. One big difference is RC has one "at sea" day and Carnival has none. My husband wants no at sea days, but I think I may prefer the one day. I can't decide though, so maybe hearing your reasons, would help me!! :D

Everybody's different. Some people go on cruises to minimize stress: lay back, sip a few, have somebody else take care of housecleaning and meals. Sea days are perfectly fine for this.

Some people want to maximize activities and exploration: hit all the islands, meet people of different cultures, etc. For such people sea days can be a little bland.

On my cruises I always worked a late schedule, so I would not have time for more than an hour or two of sleep before heading to the airport for an early flight and a day of bad meals and hassling with airports. For me a first-day at sea was helpful because I was so beat. By about two in the afternoon I'd be myself again, looking over my feet to the blue sea.

If you do like hitting the destinations hard - hiking, cycling, swimming, etc - a sea day late in the voyage can also be helpful for resting up.

The cruiselines like sea days because all your money goes to them.

Archived