Ready to start Priceline bidding, but first, noob questions

PartyAllDaTyme

If you bid on a certain star level, could it contain hotels that Priceline doesn't list in their "conventional" listings? I've looked over everything they list in San Juan from three stars and up and would be okay with any of them, but would not want to be surprised by something not on the list that turns out to be what I would consider unacceptable.

It would sure be helpful if they could at least the hotels you might get.

I'm not certain how the resorts figure into the bid. I figure it's well nigh impossible to get one if I'm bidding on a 3 star, but we're just looking for a place to crash precruise, and I wouldn't want to pay the extra cabfare to go somewhere outside the area between SJU and the cruise dock (well, OSJ would be okay). Am I right in assuming I don't have to worry much about that? Would there be any way to avoid it if there was?

Thanks for any input you can give me!

Thanks, checked them and bidding for travel. The gist I got was "Here's the list of hotels that have accepted bids in the past, but there's no telling what may come up. Hotels used by Priceline Retail are not necessarity those used by Name Your Price." As long as we end up with a 3-star that most everybody else considers to be a 3-star, I'll be happy.

I made three lowball bids (all I could make with the zones to work with), I'll try again tomorrow.

If you want a resort you have to bid on "resorts". People have been winning Marriott Stellaris for around $110/night. Nice hotel, we have stayed there 4 times.

Regular rates are $250 to $380 depending on the season.

If you want a resort you have to bid on "resorts". People have been winning Marriott Stellaris for around $110/night. Nice hotel, we have stayed there 4 times.

Regular rates are $250 to $380 depending on the season.

Thanks for the info!

Archived